Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
34,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we've moved into 2016 I noticed that my prior column piece was no longer showing up on the home page. Ooops! Suffice it to say that the end of 2015 happened in a flurry of activity and penning another column just fell by the wayside somewhere. Of course our big announcement is that we are resurrecting the Cayman Club and going to make it an actual car club with members and hopefully local activity, tech sessions, get togethers and various ways we can demonstrate our passion for fine automobiles. While I am grateful to those who have initially paid and joined the club, we really need volunteers to help get some club activities going after we've laid down some club operating guidelines. In order to help do this I've set up a temporary forum for club members here at Planet-9.com but will eventually move that over to CaymanClub.Net once that site is up and running again. Please note that Planet-9.com and the Cayman Club will be separate and distinct entities, Planet-9.com will remain an awesome web portal for all things Porsche with a concentration on Cayman and Boxster models. Cayman Club will be an actual car club and all that goes with that.

Which brings me to my next point, I'm not going to have time to pen a regular column here on Planet-9.com and certainly others in the past have stepped up and pen columns on various subjects of interest. I'd like to ask any member of Planet 9 that would like to take a stab and writing up a column once a month to please contact me either via PM or via email and let me know what you'd like to do. I'm pretty open to a wide range of ideas, maybe someone wants to cover new models and have a feature on a new model each month, or maybe someone wants to go do a bunch of test drives and write up their results, that's fine too. I only ask that it be something our members are likely interested in, and that the writing doesn't suck. See, I'm pretty easy to please! I am looking forward to some submissions coming in, so please don't disappoint me! :)

Last, but not least, I submitted a brief letter to Porsche in our newly minted 718 forum here: http://www.planet-9.com/718-chat/115992-open-message-porsche-about-upcoming-718-a.html give it a read and submit your ideas as well! Until next time, Stay Tuned!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts