Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was just user error, but I thought it was worth posting.
When having some problems in the snow, I tried to turn traction control (PSM) off but couldn't. I thought it might have been broken because I repeatedly pushed the button and the light would not come on.
But to turn it off, it's push and hold, not just push the button like sport mode or engine start/stop. And not only does the light come on at the switch, but there is a message in the dash. I'm not sure exactly what it said because I switched to German messages. It might have been Drehen Sie, dass wieder auf, Junge.

My mistake, but at least I figured it out myself without going to the dealer.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
This was just user error, but I thought it was worth posting.
When having some problems in the snow, I tried to turn traction control (PSM) off but couldn't. I thought it might have been broken because I repeatedly pushed the button and the light would not come on.
But to turn it off, it's push and hold, not just push the button like sport mode or engine start/stop. And not only does the light come on at the switch, but there is a message in the dash. I'm not sure exactly what it said because I switched to German messages. It might have been Drehen Sie, dass wieder auf, Junge.

My mistake, but at least I figured it out myself without going to the dealer.
Yeah, that is funny. However, even when you turn PSM off, its not really off. If your ABS kicks in then your PSM is enabled regardless of the position of the switch.:cheers:

·
Registered
848 Posts
So far I haven't had a reason to turn PSM off. Not on track, not at autocross. I must not be driving hard enough yet. I've only got around to turning off stability in previous cars when I could feel it annoying me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts