Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Excuse the terrible edit it was my first time using photoshop.

Anyway I wanted to get some opinions on weather I should get some forgestar f14s and what finish to go with.

I like the gunmetal finish or maybe even the bronze ?? What do you guys think ?

Caymanwithforgestargrey.png

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,107 Posts
They are terribly heavy wheels. I've seen them weight more delivered than they are spec'd at too.
Comments like that mean nothing unless backed up by data.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
What you have photoshopped would probably be 21" wheels. lol

I had 19" f14s in gunmetal on my Cayman for a long time and loved them. Great value for the money. The nice thing is it's easily replaceable if one gets damaged.

-Moto

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What you have photoshopped would probably be 21" wheels. lol

I had 19" f14s in gunmetal on my Cayman for a long time and loved them. Great value for the money. The nice thing is it's easily replaceable if one gets damaged.

-Moto
Yes they do look a tad bigger than 19"s haha! Like I said i'm no professional with photoshop.
I'm looking at getting 20 x 8.5 F and 20 x 10 R do you think that fitment will work without any issues such a rubbing.

Thanks,
Mat

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
They are terribly heavy wheels. I've seen them weight more delivered than they are spec'd at too.
According to the Forgestar web site, 18x9 weighs 18 lbs, Cayman S 18x8 weighs 21.5 Lbs. Forgestar 18x10 weighs 20 lbs, Cayman S 18x9 weighs 23 lbs. So if the published weights for the Forgestars are accurate then they are significantly lighter that the stock Cayman S wheels.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to the Forgestar web site, 18x9 weighs 18 lbs, Cayman S 18x8 weighs 21.5 Lbs. Forgestar 18x10 weighs 20 lbs, Cayman S 18x9 weighs 23 lbs. So if the published weights for the Forgestars are accurate then they are significantly lighter that the stock Cayman S wheels.
So they are actually lighter ? that's great!
Does anyone have any suggestions on what offset to run ?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I have the 20" Niche Misano Monotec T61 forged alloys on mine, with Michelin Pilot Sports. They also are very light but the Niche website is no help as it lists them all as 40 lbs. My guess is 40 lbs is the weight of the forged blank before machining. What I really like about my is the gray finish. It's near the Porsche Agate in color. It does not show dirt and brake dust. I don't have to wash the wheels when washing the car, and it looks great. I have put 900 miles on my car in 7 weeks, washed it 3 times, but only washed the wheels the 3rd time after 800 miles. They still looked great before washing, but when I touched them to see if they were dirty, had to go wash to get all the dirt and brake dust off my fingers. I'm loving these wheels!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the 20" Niche Misano Monotec T61 forged alloys on mine, with Michelin Pilot Sports. They also are very light but the Niche website is no help as it lists them all as 40 lbs. My guess is 40 lbs is the weight of the forged blank before machining. What I really like about my is the gray finish. It's near the Porsche Agate in color. It does not show dirt and brake dust. I don't have to wash the wheels when washing the car, and it looks great. I have put 900 miles on my car in 7 weeks, washed it 3 times, but only washed the wheels the 3rd time after 800 miles. They still looked great before washing, but when I touched them to see if they were dirty, had to go wash to get all the dirt and brake dust off my fingers. I'm loving these wheels!
What are the specs for offsets and width? Are they a good natural fit in the 987?

Also, can you share pics?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok so after several people commenting on the photoshop effort " 22 inch wheels " etc (I did ask you to excuse it as it was my first attempt) I resized the wheels to around the 20" mark .. I think

Has anyone got pictures of these in the bronze finish preferably on a Cayman?

CaymanForgestar20s.png

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
No doubt you have better photoshopping skills than myself but this recent one looks much better. :dance:

Good luck in your search.
-Moto

Ok so after several people commenting on the photoshop effort " 22 inch wheels " etc (I did ask you to excuse it as it was my first attempt) I resized the wheels to around the 20" mark .. I think

Has anyone got pictures of these in the bronze finish preferably on a Cayman?

View attachment 57219

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought I would show you mine. Just got them on my Boxster 3 months ago. Forgestar F14 with gunmetal finish, 19x8.5 front and19x9.5 rear. I'm very happy with them.

IMG_0670.JPG IMG_0668.JPG

1 - 20 of 20 Posts