Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following is what is being proposed to replace my CDR-24 in my 2005 Boxster S. I'll keep the Bose speakers. Thoughts?

Kenwood DDX9904S
JL Audio MX280/4 AMP
JL Audio XD-ACS360 8GA Amp Power Kit
Metra 40-EU10 VW/BMS Adapter

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
51 Posts
Excellent choices! I just installed a Pioneer AVH-2330 NEX, but retained the Bose amp and used a MOST H.U.R. to connect. Also put in a rear view camera and NAV TV steering wheel control. Unbelievable difference! And the Kenwood you chose is very , very good! I went with the Pioneer primarily because of reported glare and not being able to see the Kenwood screen as well in direct sunlight. And it is installed in a convertible! But, I think the Kenwood probably has superior sound quality.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went with Alpine 960 hdmi after considering the big three brands. I prefer the sound and adjustability of Alpine. I also added Diamond Micro 2v2 amp and audison speakers along with Diamond Dpas10 compact sub and b/u cam. I love it but it can only sound so good in such a small space even with all the controls and adjustments available. Getting it tuned this weekend. :)
Ken

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent choices! I just installed a Pioneer AVH-2330 NEX, but retained the Bose amp and used a MOST H.U.R. to connect. Also put in a rear view camera and NAV TV steering wheel control. Unbelievable difference! And the Kenwood you chose is very , very good! I went with the Pioneer primarily because of reported glare and not being able to see the Kenwood screen as well in direct sunlight. And it is installed in a convertible! But, I think the Kenwood probably has superior sound quality.
Thanks for sharing! One part I still struggle with is keeping the Bose Amp. It seems like the cost of the MOST HUR is pretty close to the cost of a new amp, so why not go new? Just thinking this through on what the trade-offs are.... You got me thinking about the rear view cam. I should prob do this too while everything is open.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am happy with the Bose amp and speakers but yes, the MOST H.U.R. is relatively expensive. I highly recommend the rear view camera. I used the Echomaster Pro PCAM-201-P which did not require bumper removal. Like an idiot, the first time I used it, I kept waiting for the backup sensors to start beeping before I realized I just installed a rear view camera, not bumper sensors! Got a good chuckle at myself!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.