Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked the website of Hennesey Porsche in Atlanta and it is showing three GT4s available from $98K to $113K. Is this possible --- I thought that all of the production for the U.S. was already sold out.

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
If you do not see the actual picture of the car, and you do not, then they are not available. The website are automated showing cars ordered. Those are customer cars. Dealers do this all the time. Gives you an incentive to call them.

If you see a real picture, then you might have something.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Unless your name is at a decent spot on a wait list, getting it at MSRP is unlikely at this point in time.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I just checked the website of Hennesey Porsche in Atlanta and it is showing three GT4s available from $98K to $113K. Is this possible --- I thought that all of the production for the U.S. was already sold out.
Goes back to a point I made on another thread....Lazy is Shady! Some are claiming that its just the dealer being lazy and not removing customer ordered cars that are sold ( that's what you see ) IMO this is a bait and switch tactic used to drive website hits and phone traffic. Just as you did you posted the name of the dealer based on misinformation. Nothing wrong with this practice as long as you are not the person on the other end having your hopes raised just to find out the cars are not available.

What makes it so bad is I am sure they are getting a lot of inquiry's on the misinformation...... but still have not removed the cars from the website. IMO that's what brings about the SHADY part of my point.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Those are sold cars. One of them is mine. The red one
Make them take it down before someone offers them $20K over MSRP and boss man tells SA to give you a call!

·
Registered
324 Posts
My opinion but I don't see any evil intent here from Hennesey Porsche
Listing something for sale that is already sold.
Evil - maybe not
Ethical - probably not
Illegal - would be were I live!

We have a "bait and switch" rule. You cant even advertise if you have low quantity unless you make that clear. Listing individual cars that are not for sale is the ultimate bait and switch - there is 0 supply and they know it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found my Cayman on the website also and the SA explained that the Porsche Dealer website is controlled by Porsche USA rather than the actual dealer. When I found my Cayman I had already taken delivery. Since these GT4s haven't been produced yet, it is strange that they are even shown on the Porsche Dealer website.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Listing something for sale that is already sold.
Evil - maybe not
Ethical - probably not
Illegal - would be were I live!

We have a "bait and switch" rule. You cant even advertise if you have low quantity unless you make that clear. Listing individual cars that are not for sale is the ultimate bait and switch - there is 0 supply and they know it.
Agreed! I am not positive, but I believe the same is true here...

·
Registered
146 Posts
The dealer chooses on their Porsche website whether to show the car or hide it if it's a sold order.
my dealer hides all of theirs.

·
Registered
145 Posts
From my understanding, which mirrors what Holy Grail said above, the dealer can choose whether to make those cars visible to the general public or not. This is lazy at best, shady at worst. I would not be happy to see my car showing up as available to the general public.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts