Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Message says "failure of the engine control system". Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!
George

·
Registered
196 Posts
Message says "failure of the engine control system". Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!
George
That sounds pretty serious... You might want to call your local dealer and have them take a look at it, especially since its a new car.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
I hope these are just some teething problems with a new design. I swore off Audis because both the A4 and the A6 that I owned had numerous problems especially the dreaded CEL.

My first Porsche. I don't even have it yet but this kind so stuff makes me very nervous. Who has time for numerous visits to the dealer. My z4 I traded in had minimal problems.

Please let us know what you find with your car. It will good to have some reference points.

Anand

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I hope these are just some teething problems with a new design. I swore off Audis because both the A4 and the A6 that I owned had numerous problems especially the dreaded CEL.

Anand
Conversely, I owned three Audi's over 9 years ... one A6 and two A4's. My total service history was one leaking headlight washer on the A6. Overall, my Audi's were among the most reliable cars I've ever owned.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a dealer appt tomorrow morning. I'll keep everyone updated.

Regards,
George

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Stan,
You had good luck with your Audis. I didn't. Will never buy one.
Know other folks who had a lot of problems with their cars especially with the 2.7T. I now drive Volvos. No problems. To each his own.

Porsche reliability? I guess I will find out.

Anand

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Stan,
You had good luck with your Audis. I didn't. Will never buy one.
Know other folks who had a lot of problems with their cars especially with the 2.7T. I now drive Volvos. No problems. To each his own.

Porsche reliability? I guess I will find out.

Anand
This is really weird. My current car is a 2012 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design. My Audi dealer went belly up, so I went with a Volvo when my 2009 A4 came off lease.

The only service my Volvo has required so far has been an annual oil change and the Sensus 3.0 software update.

:cheers:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: dealer ran the codes, and its emissions. Sensors check out, so the culpirt seems to be the catalyst. They cleared the codes and ordered the part. I have the car back until parts come von Deutschland.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Bad cat? Hope that is all that is. Thanks for updating us. Wonder who is the supplier? That is rather disappointing I must say.

Anand

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Update: dealer ran the codes, and its emissions. Sensors check out, so the culpirt seems to be the catalyst. They cleared the codes and ordered the part. I have the car back until parts come von Deutschland.
Would be strange to see the cats plaguing the 981's since I thought Porsche cured that issue after the early 987's had cat problems.... hopefully just an anomaly and not indicative of any systemic problem...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting, I diidnt know that cats were a historic problem. In fact I'm suprised to hear it, since they are pretty simple devices after all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts