Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I wonder if any Cayman S track drivers have had this issue (and have any ideas about remedies?)
I run a track ready, Body Motion prepared Cayman, with RS350 conversion, LSD, Bilstein PSS10, GT3 brake setup on Hoosier R6.
When I go through a high G right hand turn and need to change gears mid turn, I notice that the throttle stays open. It does not pin the throttle open against the limiter, it just stays at the level it was when I depressed the clutch. This does not happen when I am going straight, but to be honest I am not sure about left hand turns as there are no tracks that we run here on the East coast that require a gear change during a left hand turn.
I would imagine that it needs to be in the throttle body or the pedal (the potentiometer?)- I would prefer not to replace either on speculation, so I am hoping that someone else has had this issue before.
thanks

John

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
From a purely logical analysis of what you describe it sounds like you are on the right track with the potentiometer at the accelerator or TB.

Again from just a logical perspective it sounds like, as it only happens on right hand high G corners then one of these is getting fouled by the Gs.

As you describe that this happens when you depress the clutch I am assuming you have backed off the throttle Does it also behave the same if you just back off the throttle and not depressed the clutch?

Is this on both upshifts and downshifts.

High G right handers are also a high Gs for you foot. The brake pedal and the throttle are very close and a high G right hander will drag your foot to the throttle also on the right. Left handers will drag your foot away from the throttle.

I have been having the problem of picking up the throttle sometimes on heavy braking. Due to my big feet and poor positioning in the centre of the brake pedal.

Good luck with your diagnosis.

:cheers:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BJR,
Although I havent tried downshifting through a corner, I am pretty sure that the issue would be the same in an up or downshift and whilst you raise a good point about left or right hand G's I am certain that my foot is off the throttle when the problem occurs. I am on the hunt for a used throttle pedal and will replace the current one and see if this addresses the problem - otherwise I will look at the throttle body.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts