Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Most of us are engaged in social media so we know what TBT is all about. I thought I would start a thread to capture and share some of our memories of our Porsches and experiences.

I am scheduled for my second European Delivery (ED) in July which made me dig threw some of my pictures from my last ED. This one is from the Furka Pass, July 16th, 2013. Just a few 100 miles on my New 981 BS. It was steep.....and fun!

Show us your pictures. Older is better. :)

Eyewear Sunglasses Vehicle Headgear Car seat

Reactions: gfspencer

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
May want to stop abbreviating European Delivery, ED. :)
Nah, that is one ED you want to have. ;)

I was soooo bummed out for having to cancel mine on 981 after having it done in 2010 with a BMW. Long story. Anyway, I said it in BMW forums and I will say it here. I see NO reason to buy a new ordered-to-spec BMW, MB, Audi, Porsche or Volvo and NOT go pick it up in Europe. Consider that all except Porsche give you a discount for doing it without even asking. If you want to educate yourself and spend countless hours on Internet forums, on some brands savings could actually be quite significant and completely offset the cost of the trip (hugely depending on how many days, for how many people, where and when). No reason not to do it, really.

/OT

Back on topic, my car is not even 1 year old. Here's the best reminiscence I have as of now :)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Supercar

Reactions: RSchwerer

·
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Not European, but this is the day I picked up my car, nearly 4 years ago. ;)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Yellow

And this is all the stuff I bought before I even got the car. :dance:

Product Fashion accessory Baggage

Reactions: subshooter

·
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TBT: The top of the hill behind the car was where the opening scene to the sound of music was filmed. Out of the way and not well known to tourist, it was very hard to find. We climbed the hill behind the farmer's house and of course I filmed my wife twirling around with her arms out (and sporting the hat) while we listened to the sound of music sound track. Then a nice picnic gazing at these gorgeous mountains. July 13th 2013. 15 miles south of Salzburg, Austria (in Germany). Doing it again in a Porsche 911 (66 days).

Attachments

Reactions: gfspencer

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
TBT: The top of the hill behind the car was where the opening scene to the sound of music was filmed. Out of the way and not well known to tourist, it was very hard to find. We climbed the hill behind the farmer's house and of course I filmed my wife twirling around with her arms out (and sporting the hat) while we listened to the sound of music sound track. Then a nice picnic gazing at these gorgeous mountains. July 13th 2013. 15 miles south of Salzburg, Austria (in Germany). Doing it again in a Porsche 911 (66 days).
Ha! Great story (and location). I know if I share this with my wife, she'll be wanting to do the same trek and photo shoot.

Reactions: subshooter

·
Premium Member
5,931 Posts
I've picked up three BMWs in Germany (but I was in the Army at the time). I've visited the BMW museum. I've visited the BMW motorcycle factory. I've been to the Zuffenhausen to tour the Porsche factory and visit the museum. However, the one thing left on my Bucket List is to pick up a Porsche at Zuffenhausen. It will probably never happen. :( Oh well.

Have a great trip!! :)

·
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fluela pass heading to Zermatt Switzerland. July 16th 2013.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
This is back in '11, when I had both my Cooper S and Cayman S. Can't believe it's been 6 years already!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Red

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.