Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear a "thump-thump" every time I start my Cayman S, three times. Does anyone know what this is? I meant to ask the dealer when I was there last week but forgot. I seems to be some part of the start-up process since I hear it every time, seems to come from the engine compartment.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I hear a "thump-thump" every time I start my Cayman S, three times. Does anyone know what this is? I meant to ask the dealer when I was there last week but forgot. I seems to be some part of the start-up process since I hear it every time, seems to come from the engine compartment.
What year car do you have? If it is a 2009/2010 with DFI engine it may be the high pressure fuel pumps building up pressure after you turn on the ignition and before you crank it.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Your heart beating in anticipation?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just the footsteps of the horses lining up:hilarious:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts