Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this problem for a while. It's intermittent. Only happens maybe 1 out of 6 times out.

It almost feels like something is loose in the front end. I can feel it through the floorboards/dead pedal. It doesn't feel like suspension because I can barely feel it through the steering and it doesn't affect handling or anything. Whatever it is is knocking around and thumping over bumps - even tiny imperfections in the road.

Very strange. I had the dealer check it out while it was under warranty and they found nothing - said the suspension was fine.

Any ideas? What could be intermittent and loose up there?

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Bushes are a common item to cause thumping noises and on an 06 car I'd look at the rubber bushes/mounts of suspension items personally. I'd start with ARB's and then drop links.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It really doesn't feel like that. Way too loose and the sound is very, very muffled and barely audible. Most of the sensation comes through the floorboard and it's a VERY loose feel. I took out the panel in the front trunk with the flat kit and it didn't stop it. It does feel like something loose is rattling around in the trunk now and then. But there's nothing up there.

I will check out the ARB's and drop links when I get the car up to change my exhaust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts