Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/files/3/tikorenews.jpg Titanic Sale on Titanium! Hey everyone, we at Tikore are settled back in from our SEMA trip. Nothing like walking into SEMA and the very first car you see.... a 1000hp Porsche with our bolts on the wheels... lets just say it set the tone for our trip.

We have had many of you ask about a possible group buy. Lets do it. This is what we've got:

- Sale has ended, pricing and information removed -

This will last until December 31st. With the insane increase in titanium costs, this is an absolute amazing price for quality TI bolts. Please note, we cannot honor this price after the December 31st deadline.

FYI - We are not offering black finish at this time.

If you'd like to see more info please check out this early review on Planet-9:
http://www.planet-9.com/porsche-tires-wheels/52300-tikore-titanium-lug-bolts-arrived-initial-impressions.html

Full Article Click Here

Let me know what you think.... ready go!

List so far
1) Napatom (Shipped)
2) Woodbine (Shipped)
3) NOttON (Shipped)
4) Ed Merry - 1 piece (Shipped)
5) Slims10R (Shipped)
6) papa in austin (Shipped)
7) Bls72bmw (Shipped)
8) Tech Teach (Shipped)
9) Cayman09 +7mm, +15mm (Shipped)
10) isst (Shipped)
11) longfoot (Shipped)
12) grtc68 +5mm (Shipped)
13) Papa in Austin (Shipped)
14) gemars (Shipped)
15) PHB (Shipped)
16) only1buck (Shipped)

Please reply to this topic thread to order or email me directly at [email protected]

Additional Pictures:

2-piece

1-piece

Joshua

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dear Joshua, Count me in for a set of the two piece ones. Let's hope we get enough people interested in taking care of a weak spot in our cars.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Napatom, high five to that. Such beautiful cars.... why oh why do they make the worlds worst lug bolts?

Joshua

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
And because Porsche hadn't anticipated having such obsessive-compulsive owners who populate the Planet 9 community. :hilarious:

John

·
Registered
228 Posts
Do you need a special socket to remove or tighten these lug bolts?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would like a set, which to order though? one piece or two piece, What's better?

Thanks!
One could make the argument that 2 piece is better, since it would provide an absolute perfect fit when tightened due to the floating seat. Most other cars use a 1 piece. Porsche uses a 2 piece... Porsche folk tend to want something just a little bit better.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
At K-Man S' request, I have just put up a review in the articles section documenting my initial impression with these TiKORE bolts from 12/2010 here:

Titanium lug bolts for Porsche - Articles

Hard to believe it's been a year already. So far the bolts have held up fine and still look great. Highly recommended.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Hi Guys

Thanks for offering a group buy. I was wanting to know what size titanium lug bolts are used for a Boxster S (2007)? What is the lenght? Aso, have you reached 5 for the group buy?

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Posting a list (as done previously on this site) might be a good way of showing who's in on the group buy, and might just motivate people (like me) who are on the fence.

John

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Guys

Thanks for offering a group buy. I was wanting to know what size titanium lug bolts are used for a Boxster S (2007)? What is the lenght? Aso, have you reached 5 for the group buy?

Our bolts fit the Boxster S (2007).

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
List so far
1) Napatom
2) Woodbine
3) NOttON

We have a few other folks that I expect to sign up shortly.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The weight of the factory set is 4.11 lbs.
The weight of the TiKORE set is 3.07 lbs.

Please note the factory set features an aluminum ball seat, thus lighter weight in that area, but risk of wearing down the seat and oxidization of the aluminum. These bolts offer weight savings and an escape from the weathering that we all see from Porsche lug bolts.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts