Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it's nearly time to install the winter setup, but a bit too early and I find myself in need of friendly advice. My PS2s are at 3/32 in the rear which doesn't leave much tread for dry and of course wet driving. I could probably push the current tires out to the end of October and make the switch to winters. Or I could buy a new summer set which would go on the car for about 6 weeks or so then sit in the basement for the winter. It seems I could make it until the swap and then buy new summer's in the spring. Here's the rub though, the car is due for state inspection in October. As far new summer tires I'm looking at Bridgestone S-04 PP on Tirerack at close to half the price of Continentals or Michelins. Has anyone used these tires? I am primarily concerned with the sidewall support and I'm curious to know if the Bridgestones maintain a sharp response anywhere near the Michelins? I wouldn't expect to get more than two summer seasons out them. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I've had the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position on my Cayman for about 3 years and have not experienced any problems with them. I can't compare them with Michelins as I've always had Bridgestones on my Cayman (they were the stock OEM tires when I purchased the car from the dealer nearly 8-1/2 years ago).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts