Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I am thinking of getting a used set of tires for my 2nd set of wheels, but I was thinking of getting used michelin ps2 tires in good condition, the question is does it affect your ride if the tread remaining is different or do you get in to some problems? let say the fronts are approx 6/32nds and the rears are 8/32nds? need help from experts

thanks all

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I'm not an expert, but 2/32" difference between fronts and rears should be create no problems. Eventually some of us are probably driving on something like 6/32 fronts and 2/32 rears by the time we decide to get new tires. Those who buy only rears will then have 6/32 fronts and 10/32 rears.

What may cause more of a problem is buying used tires. They could be mismatched in terms of age and weathering, thus having varying degrees of grip. If you get a good set of four "take-offs" from the same car, that shouldn't be a problem. Be careful buying used tires.

·
Registered
502 Posts
thanks for the info, I was thinking maybe looking in to ebay used tires, but I might get a new set..
it is going to be hard to get a front matching set and a rear
Many tire shops carry used tires and you might be able to find a set of good ones where someone went with a larger wheel and could no longer use the tires...but you might be looking pretty hard to find a set that is the right size. It is not the most common size.

I have seen tires with only a couple hundred miles on them where the owner decided to go with a different tire/wheel setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.