Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as to what folks are getting for tire wear. Keeping in mind that I don't race my 2008 CS, I have 20,500 km on it now and the rear tires are about half worn (evenly) and the fronts still look new. Am I treating my car like a baby?

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
29000 km on my 2008 and both the rear and front tires still look new. Four track days, autocrosses and a car control clinic have scrubbed the shoulders a bit, but the center still look fine.

Bridgestone RE-050A tires.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I think I got about 27,000 km on my PS2s. That's an estimate because I switched tires for R-comps to drive to and from events on. I also did 3 track days on the PS2s, and about six autocrosses.

Yeah, you can probably drive on them a bit harder.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
2.7 Cayman with Conti Contact 3's and 17,000 miles. The rears are almost down to the wear bars, the fronts look like they can go another 2000 miles. I drive in a spirited manner maybe 50% of the time, great roads in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have over 22000km on my Bridgstones and they still have plenty of tread left. I haven't tracked the car, but I have been on a number of "spirited" drives. I'd say I have another 16000km to go before I need tires.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am surprise the RE050A can last so long. Isn't the threadwear rating only 140?
Anyone tried both RE050A and PS2? How do they stack up against each other?

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
I am surprise the RE050A can last so long. Isn't the threadwear rating only 140?
Anyone tried both RE050A and PS2? How do they stack up against each other?
I got about 18K miles on my PS2s including a couple of DE weekends - the rears were close to the wear bars, though the fronts still had a few more miles in them.

I have the RE050As now, and I can't say for sure how many miles I have on them, since I swap out during the winter, but I would guess they're going to have about the same life expectancy as the PS2s.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
At 14700 kms mine are still in good shape with the exception of a just patched/plugged rear, wearing nice and even tho with no trackage, just a little fun once in a while........ .19'' REO50A'S

·
Registered
111 Posts
My rear tyres are worn at the edges at 11,000 kms and need to be replaced. I have only tracked once but us the car exclusively for very spiritied driving on windy mountain roads, mostly early morning when there are no other cars on the road. Price I pay for having so much fun.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
About 14,000 miles on the rears.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Kim, which tires came on your car?

Mine came with the Bridgestone RE50s, which after one track weekend are barely scrubbed on the shoulders.

Only 5300 km on my car so far, way too early to tell very much from that, but these tires appear to be decent compromise between wear and grip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts