Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
What are you waiting for them for ?

Go to TireRack; I usually speak to Jim, but the are all very knowledgeable, order the tires you need and get them delivered to your house or the garage you use. If you need a shop to mount & install their have recommended shops in your area which they can send them to.

Also if you happen to need wheels also you can have Tirerack mount, balance and ship directly to you - all free of charge; just pay for the tires, wheels and TMRS .

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
What are you waiting for them for ?

Go to TireRack; I usually speak to Jim, but the are all very knowledgeable, order the tires you need and get them delivered to your house or the garage you use. If you need a shop to mount & install their have recommended shops in your area which they can send them to.

Also if you happen to need wheels also you can have Tirerack mount, balance and ship directly to you - all free of charge; just pay for the tires, wheels and TMRS .
Hmmm.. I'm halfway across the globe from you...:)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So the local michelin dealer seems to have "no plans" to bring in the MP4S in 18s. They also do not cary the Pilot Super sport any more. So, if I' staying on 18s, and going by the recommendations of some here as well as the tire rack survey results, I'll try the Continental Extreme Contact Sport which is supposed to be better than the PS2s which has to be very long in the tooth now.

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
They're a good choice.
A friend of mine got them when the 71R's weren't available and has been happy with them
They use a little less pressure for best results

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
They're a good choice.
A friend of mine got them when the 71R's weren't available and has been happy with them
They use a little less pressure for best results
MY tire guy just informed me they ae out of stock. At this rate, I may have to go back to the PS2 or the MP4(non-S).

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
OK.. This is getting frustrating... no PS4s for 18s... Conti ECS is sold out and no view to when the new batch will come in. Pilot Super Sport is not offered any more as well.

I'm on PS2 now 18. I need 235/40/18 and 265/40/18... There must be a better tire save the 3 mentioned in this post?

Using tirerack's max summer performance survey (for what its worth), after PS4S, PSS, ECS, its Pirelli P Zero Nero GT (and Pirelli does not have the 265/40) and then the PS2s.

I don;t track. Street use 95% of the time, occasional B Road, some spirited sprints... no autocross... must be good in the wet because when it rains here, it pours. I can;t buy from any US website as shipping will be silly half way round the globe.

Based on this what tires please?

Is the PS4(non-S) a step up from PS2?

Gracias..

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,808 Posts
Another good choice is Yokohama Advan052. They compare favorably with Bridgestone RE-71R, according to recent tire rack test results.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
For you just get whatever size PS4s 18's are available you don't have to have that exact size
I just got them in 18's so I know you can get them
Look at the other top brands in sizes close to that if you still can't find PS4s

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
PS4S 18s wont available on my shores and the agent/dealer/whatever has no clue if and when they will bring in 18s. They don't carry Pilot Super Sports as well. Conti ECS is also out of stock.

If I don't end up going back to the PS2, the PS4 non-S looks like a last resort.

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Where are you that you so limited to tires ?
Couldn't TireRack ship them to you ?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yes, tirerack can ship but it'll probably cost 3x the cost of the tires themselves for shipping to...... Singapore :)

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
I've shipped stuff all over the world as I handled a website from an eBay merchant who sold helmets, gloves, and F1 race stuff and you would be surprised that there are some countries that you can ship to rather cheaply. I don't remember selling to Singapore but if the USPS has link to a country you can get shipping at a reasonable price. All it takes if a phone call or some time on their website. You can't use DHL or FedEx as they are crazy expensive but UPSP overseas carrier are cheap comparably.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Spider,

Thanks for chiming in. YEs, you are very familiar with our rain. Will look up the CSC3. Have you run PS2s before? If so, how do these compare grip wise dry and wet, noise and wear?

Thanks.
I’ve never tried PS2s but I believe they should be comparable. My friend just had his C4S installed with Pirelli P-Zero and he loves them much better than Cup 2 tires previously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
The cup 2 are just track tires with tread.
I like my PZ4 but they are noisy.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts