Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I really need some down to earth opions from everyone thats really in the know.

My 06 CS has 42,000 miles now and is running great. I had a AWE cat-back system installed 16 months ago. However I really want some exstra hp without to many issues with warranty/dealer issues.

I've been checking all the past posts on ECU/Flashing. The hp gain sound pretty good along with the improved throttle reponce.

With all this info now I'm really comfused what to do.

Now about two years ago I was asked by my service rep at Pacific Porsche in Torrance if I had done any mods yet. He had told me there was a guy they would send my car to to have several mods done ranging from 25 hp to 40 hp and a price range from $2000 to $4000. NOTE: I've not persued this to date.

I never tracked my car BUT really love the twistys and love to get agressive when the time and conditions are right.

So is a FLASH really worth the money for me or would you recommend something other for my driving style :crazy:

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
I can't answer if a flash is right for you or not but can say the Softronic flash works well at least for me. I have SRP and Capristo.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would say yes. I have Softronic and felt like it increased power but especially in the mid-range where it's most useful for road driving. Also, if you don't have the Sport Chrono option Softronic can trigger the sport mode which gives you better throttle response.
BW

·
Registered
992 Posts
If you're doing a lot of canyon runs or spirited drives, I say get some suspension work done first, then flash. I have both, and coilovers were exponentially more beneficial.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
I was very skeptic about the satisfaction of the FVD Flash software. In terms of numbers yes it doesn't seem much to gain in hp, but you get to feel it when you drive. And I'm very much satisfied with it. I'd recommend the Flash software.

If you're doing a lot of canyon runs or spirited drives, I say get some suspension work done first, then flash. I have both, and coilovers were exponentially more beneficial.
(Excuse my ignorance) 1) May I ask how the suspension would improve performance?
2) Is PASM not enough?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts