Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... I have an 05 Cayenne with Bose and PCM (1st Gen) with Navigation system. Does anyone know if there is a better alternative to upgrading ($4100) to the PCM 2.1 or just getting an aftermarket Nav system that will accomodate the Bose and the fiber optic issues. I am not too keen on the Porsche's nav system and am a bit of a gadget girl so if there is something more "gadgetty" that also has a bluetooth capability for my iPhone and will work with the Bose system and the fiber optic harness hurdles, please let me know the make and model of the system.... I dont really like the PCM as it is and really require the bluetooth capability... please help.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Im not super experienced in Cayenne setups as of yet, Just got my 2011 Cayenne. But I have had many cars with the Bose systems, and generally its completely torn out if you go aftermarket. I too did not like the PCM nav for porsche when I got my Cayman. I went with an Alpine W505 with the imprint audio tuning options, sirius, and a new amp for the speakers. The setup was nice, however the navteq maps are not as nice as what tomtom or garmin have.

I love the current PCM porsche has in my 11 Cayenne S though. I am not sure if anyone has started putting those in yet but totally would be worth it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
95 Posts
But I have had many cars with the Bose systems, and generally its completely torn out if you go aftermarket.
only if you want to. You can still use the factory amp and speakers for the bose system with the NAV-TV MOST HUD module. They're pricey but not nearly as pricey as tearing out the system and starting again from scratch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts