Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need some opinions. I just bought a set of Turbo replica wheels and I am torn when it comes to the TPMS.

I have the Cayman S 18 wheels with almost new PS2s on them. I plan on selling my OEM wheels and tires on ebay and not sure if I would be better off just buying a new set of TPMS and leaving the tire/wheel/tpms all together or take the TPMS and put on the new wheels.

I would like to make as much as possible for the 18s but not sure how important the TPMS would be to prospective buyers. Let me know what you think.

CRC

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Dismounting, remounting & balancing tires is a risky proposition. Scratches and gouges often result, even just from bozo techs removing the balance weights. (Yes, I know first hand.) If the new owners want TPMS then they have to go through the process again.

If you plan to sell the wheels and tire separately, it probably makes no difference.

I've noticed wheel/tire sets with TPMS, all factory mounted, seem to sell faster in the classifieds, if they're reasonably priced.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I would think if it was Gen1 sensors, 2005-2008, sell as a package as you can easily find a buyer that would want them. Gen2 2009+ limits your potential market. Just my thoughts.... FWIW, I sold my 18" boxster wheels + tires + TMPS sensors on this site and the response was tremendous... they were priced at $1000 with buyer paying shipping.

Keeping all of the above in mind, the TMPS sensors have batteries in them that are designed to last about 7-8 years and then you have to replace the unit anyway... so if it is a Gen1 unit, the added bonus of leaving the set together is with your new sensors you start that cycle over again!

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
I sold my 18" boxster wheels + tires + TMPS sensors on this site and the response was tremendous... they were priced at $1000 with buyer paying shipping.
Of course the response was tremendous, if those wheels were in excellent condition that was a very low price. Usually the wheels alone sell for $800-$1000.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
These are Gen 1 with almost new PS2 N3s. I am about to take them off and clean them very well and will take some pictures. I will handle shipping and will include it in the price. I think I can ship all four for about $100. They are not perfect but they are in good shape. I would rate them 8/10. One of the rears has a patch repaired by discount tire. Other than that they would be a great set of 18's.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Of course the response was tremendous, if those wheels were in excellent condition that was a very low price. Usually the wheels alone sell for $800-$1000.
The wheels were in great condition, but the tires were only about 50%. I was going for the quick sale, and got what I wanted.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I have these off of the Cayman now and they are up for sale. $1600 delivered. They are complete with TPMS and Pilot Sport N3 tires. I will post in the classifieds as well. Let me know if you want more detailed pictures. I have tried to post these 3 times in the classifieds and not having any luck. It may be that the site does not like Safari.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts