Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow, after what felt like non-stop planning for a few weeks, things have died down now.

Does anyone have any general questions or concerns? Ask away.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
The lull before the storm!

Is anyone else coming from Mid-Atlantic area? Thinking we could meet up on Sunday someplace and then continue to Christiansburg. I know there are some good roads betweem Waynesboro and Roanoke, but I'm not that well versed on them because thats a bit far afield for my day trips. I know that Rt. 60 from Amhurst to Buena Vista is pretty good. I did that one coming off BRP going east / downhill and was tempted to turn around and go back up, but it was getting too late.

Seems that the NYC crew will be doing some time on 81 South that day.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder who will win the long distance award for this trip?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Google Maps from my location to the start of TOD indicates 750 miles. Piece of cake relative to Road America!

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Everyone is so quiet .... I can't wait for the trip. Although I won't have the full journey with you, the tail will be enough by itself. We have about two months to go. Is everyone ready?

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm keeping all my fingers crossed Ken, it would be GREAT to have you join us!

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
I'm keeping all my fingers crossed Ken, it would be GREAT to have you join us!
Thanks, it frankly sucks out there right now, damn difficult just to get an interview let alone land a job. I've done totally custom tailored resumes with cover letters and very strong letters of recommendation only to be met with the sound of crickets. Headhunters and recruiters have not come up with anything, mining LinkedIn and other resources again has also come up empty, but hey the president says jobs are just around the corner so every morning I go outside and look around the corner... :hilarious:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
but hey the president says jobs are just around the corner so every morning I go outside and look around the corner
Ken, good to see you are maintaining a sense of humor about the current market. Hope it works for you. I would enjoy meeting you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello all... Very excited for this trip... Quick question; any recomendations for things I should come prepared with? For the car; personal; anything recommendations? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Our departure is about 2 weeks away. :banana: I would like to suggest what we as a group should do in case one or more of us gets stopped by an LEO during our trip. Since I've never encountered this before with a group, I think it might be best for the group to continue on and stop at either the next exit or rest/service area and wait. Since we all have each others cell phone numbers (see http://www.planet-9.com/private-events/45169-tod-2010-contact-info.html), the individual can call one of us after he is done with the traffic stop and find out exactly where we are waiting.

Pete, if this belongs in a different thread, please use you moderator skills and move it. Thanks.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Our departure is about 2 weeks away. :banana: I would like to suggest what we as a group should do in case one or more of us gets stopped by an LEO during our trip. Since I've never encountered this before with a group, I think it might be best for the group to continue on and stop at either the next exit or rest/service area and wait. Since we all have each others cell phone numbers (see http://www.planet-9.com/private-events/45169-tod-2010-contact-info.html), the individual can call one of us after he is done with the traffic stop and find out exactly where we are waiting.

Pete, if this belongs in a different thread, please use you moderator skills and move it. Thanks.

I was hoping we could outnumber/overpower him and test out a sup'ed up cop car...but what you suggested might be better.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
One more thing to consider and discuss. Since we have so many vehicles, it might be best if we split up into smaller groups of about 4 cars per group and stagger our departure times. We can keep in touch by radio and/or cell phone.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This idea has worked well for us on the Nor'easter runs.

The only thing I'd like to add is that it may make sense to try and stay together during the longer runs on the Blue Ridge on our arrival and departure days to/from Fontana Village.

One more thing to consider and discuss. Since we have so many vehicles, it might be best if we split up into smaller groups of about 4 cars per goupr and stagger our departure times. We can keep in touch by radio and/or cell phone.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
I think it is something to think about and we can discuss it in more detail when we get to our first hotel in Christiansburg.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Early on we discussed those small hand held radios. I have a pair and they seem to work well but never used in the hills and valleys.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts