7. Schwabe
  8. jrw_08_cayman
  9. AJK
  10. smounic
  11. alan93rsa

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
I just called the Woodberry Inn and left a message. Hopefully someone will return my call. The recorded message said that they will be reopening on April 30th under new management. Stay tuned for further information.

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Humm, maybe we should start considering alternatives for our last evening in VA. I'm not too worried, by this point of the trip, I'll be so worn out I could sleep in the car! :hilarious:

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Okay. I have not heard back from anyone at the Woodberry Inn. :( Anyway, if no one truly objects, there is a Days Inn nearby that has rooms available for ~$65 including tax. I will also send this out in an email to the group.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thanks, Dana. Consensus should agree with recommendation of Days Inn - Fancy Gap before starting to reserve since there are no credits/refunds for any changes.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Thanks, Dana. Consensus should agree with recommendation of Days Inn - Fancy Gap before starting to reserve since there are no credits/refunds for any changes.
OK with me. I will wait for a consensus before booking.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Forget the Days Inn!:banana: I just spoke with the new owner of the Woodberry Inn. Apparently, Retired-Teach had already reserved 14 of the 16 rooms on our behalf. I discussed the rates with Shep Nance, the new owner, and we agreed that it would be $70 for the night. When you call (919-937-8990), just let him know that you are part of Robert Springer's Porsche party. Game on folks!

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So... with April staring us in the face now, do we need to make a decision about whether or not to use the Woodbury Inn?

I take it the new owners response has been lukewarm.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
So... with April staring us in the face now, do we need to make a decision about whether or not to use the Woodbury Inn?

I take it the new owners response has been lukewarm.
I thought that was a done deal at $70/night. What happened?

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did anyone call and get confirmed rooms at the Woodbury yet? I didn't think anyone had. If you do have a confirmation, then I take back everything about finding another spot!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Did anyone call and get confirmed rooms at the Woodbury yet? I didn't think anyone had. If you do have a confirmation, then I take back everything about finding another spot!
I had a verbal confirmation from Shep Nance, the new owner (919-937-8990), on/about March 12th. That was when we learned that a block of rooms had been reserved for the "porsche group". Have not heard anything since. Hopefully, he will respond to Dana's calls. WOULD be nice to have something more concrete.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts