Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to bring my entire photo backback with me and will do my best to cover the still photography portion of this event. Don't be annoyed if my backpack will need it's own seat at breakfast, lunch and dinner!

I don't have any decent video gear besides the Go-Pro Hero cam, so I think I'll leave that to Schwabe or someone else.

For radar I'll have the Valentine One but it'll probably be useless on the small twisties.

As for the car, I'll bring along a portable air pump and a jumper battery (fully charged this time!)

Does anyone in the group have one of them really fancy lightweight aluminum jacks and a plug kit?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Re: Misc. items for our trip

I'm looking around for a suitable scissors jack. I have concluded that the best flat strategy is to be able to remove the wheel and use a rope type patch kit. What you need is a jack, lug wrench, needle nose plyers, and a patch kit. We already have the air pump. I know many people think those kits are not good, but I have used them for many years and never had a failure, either at the time of the patch or later in use... and that includes runflats!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Good points AJK.

I'd figured if everyone in the group brings bits and pieces of an emergency kit, we should all be good then.

Is it spring yet? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts

I'll have two vehicles in the vicinity, although I'll be in my Cs. I can tote an aluminum jack with me and have my wife bring it out to us if we get stuck somewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts

Hmm. Stuff to bring ...

I mentioned in the other thread that I'll have my racing GPS receiver, two nav systems, a trail GPS, and some other misc ones.

I'll have my VIO cam with a suction cup to capture the twisties. I saw a Lamborghini with a similar setup last time and it was pretty cool. I'll have the flip inside because that viewpoint is a blast.

I'll also have my SLR camera, lenses, and tripod in case we want to get some group or mountain shots.

I'll have ham radio communication gear in case we get stuck with no other alternative. My v1 never ceases to amaze me, and it will certainly be in my car. I think thats about it ...

·
Premium Member
724 Posts

Okay. Besides a GPS, I will be bringing my still camera with lenses and my digital camcorder. I have a first aird kit, a low profile jack, a plug kit, a torque wrench, and small tools that I also could bring although I wasn't planning on bringing the jack.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

I'll have an aluminum jack, torque wrench, battery impact, slr bag, plug kit and pump.

So who is bringing the gas? ;)

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Sounds like we'll be well prepared for anything, I can relax a bit, I think...

·
Registered
346 Posts

Sounds like we'll be well prepared for anything, I can relax a bit, I think...
Maybe a bit off-topic but, yeah, you guys got me to thinking... Being in central CT, never really carried much of any roadside or even first aid kit since any road trips were highway and 100 miles or less. With this group, I am traveling to WI, NC, KY, etc. Now, a short trip is 2+ hours to see a Cayman get a bath. :crazy: Not sure about the jack and plug kit but a basic first aid kit is a good thought and maybe a jump starter. Who makes a reliable jump starter? I see a couple in AutoSport w/ and w/o inflator.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I have a jump starter portable battery that I'm bringing with me. It is about 5 years old however so it may be useful to have another fresher one around. They're not that big...

·
Registered
502 Posts
What about wash supplies? Does anyone plan to wash during the week for photos, drive through town, etc? I was thinking about bringing a couple buckets.

Will you wash or wear your road grime like a badge of honor?

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
I have a can of Stoner windshield cleaner, a roll of paper towels, rain X, and a couple microfiber towels in the container right now. If we did have buckets and suds, would we have time and H20 to wash the cars anyway?

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm just bringing glass cleaner. No way to really keep the cars clean given the length of the trip for the Nor'Easters.

I will throw a new coat of wax on the car just before the trip however. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts