Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is the list of who we have on board so far. We'll make changes as time goes on.

Where:
Deals Gap, NC

When:
Tuesday May 18 - Thursday May 20

Who: (*maybe)

1. gonzo
2. Retired-Teach
3. schwabe
4. ARCuhTEK
5. PistolPete
6. BigGuy
7. BlancoCay
8. macscaymans
9. bretster
10. AJK
11. ylittner
12. alan93rsa
13. c6gowin
14. Jeff in NE GA
15. smounic
16. advantyper*
17. golfguy11800*
18. TN 0208*
19. roadmaster*
20. caymanthusiast*
21. scwaters*
22. coal0101*
23. fab944*
24. racerboy*
25. UAVCaymanS*
26. boxSTAR*

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not just a thread, but a whole section!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Here is the list of who we have on board so far. We'll make changes as time goes on.

Where:
Deals Gap, NC

When:

1. gonzo
2. Retired-Teach
3. schwabe
4. caymanthusiast
5. PistolPete *
6. BigGuy
7. BlancoCay
8. coal0101*
9. bretster
10. scwaters*
11. TheChad*
12. AJK*
13. advantyper*
14. Jeff in NE GA
15. ARCuhTEK
16. alan93rsa
17. golfguy11800*
18. TN 0208*
19. roadmaster*
20. smounic*
21. macscaymans
22. c6gowin
23. fab944*
24. racerboy*
I'm in for sure.

AJK

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Made reservations thru Wednesday, 5/19. Waiting on Thursday as per note on previous thread.

Also, have Motorola Talkabout series EM1000 radio as recommended. Looks to have been a good choice, highly rated and at a very good price ($39) at Amazon.

The Fontanna Villiage Resort has a $50 non-refundable reservation guarantee.

This is getting real!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice to have you with us AJK.

You are going to meet us in Christiansburg, VA, correct?

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Booked Fontana Village Sunday night through Tuesday night. Getting there one day early with my family. I'm going to travel to Asheville with the group, but I'll be heading to a different place for the rest of the week. Change my status to confirmed!!!!

Are ya'll planning to use FRS or jump all the way up to GMRS? I need to know whether to spring for the FCC license or not.

As for GPS, I'll have no less than 5 with me. You can't have enough :) I have one that records the track 5 times a second. The picture will look similar to the one below, but color coded based on our speed ;) . I'll also have my VIO POV cam mounted on the outside of the car using a suction cup and a flip on the inside.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will you be handing out GPS units like candy at the hotel smounic? :hilarious:

I'm not up to speed on a the radio terms, but I do know I only have FRS units. I wouldn't spring for a license just for this trip.

The radios will be handy on the caravan/highway portions. I think in the twisties we'll have our hands fill on the steering wheel!

I'm going to start another thread to discuss electronics and all the other misc. knick-knacks will have in the group...

·
Registered
86 Posts

Where:
Deals Gap, NC

When:

1. gonzo
2. Retired-Teach
3. schwabe
4. ARCuhTEK
5. PistolPete
6. BigGuy
7. BlancoCay
8. macscaymans
9. bretster
10. AJK
11. TheChad
12. alan93rsa
13. c6gowin
14. Jeff in NE GA
15. smounic
16. advantyper*
17. golfguy11800*
18. TN 0208*
19. roadmaster*
20. caymanthusiast*
21. scwaters*
22. coal0101*
23. fab944*
24. racerboy*
25. UAVCaymanS*
Pete put me in as a *maybe , thanks!

·
Registered
502 Posts
It looks like I will be attending the 17th - 19th (morning). I think the rest of my trip will take me in another direction and to some class III-V rapids.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I will be meeting up with you on the 17th in Fontana and will be going my own way on the 20th from Asheville. Can't wait...thanks for putting this together!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Guys, I am looking forward to meeting & driving with you all.

If you guys are planning lunch in Asheville on 5-17 I will be able to meet you there. The route from Asheville to the dragon; I would suggest 151 -Chandlers Run (Schabwe knows) to the Parkway south & then exit onto 74W. This is a twisty drive that will take you by the Pisgah Inn.

If you have not selected a lunch destination, just let me know the interstate you will be coming in on & I will make a few suggestions. From there I can take you guys to the Pisgah Inn & meet you the following morning.

Have a safe trip.

Tony

·
Registered
48 Posts
Add two more to the list. cbr600 plus a 911 driver. We should arrive at Christianburg on the 16th May around 6pm. We have reservations at Fontana Village Resort nights of 17th&18.We'll head for home on the 19th because of other obligations. We look forward to meeting all of you! Jim

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tony,

We're coming into Asheville from the North in I-26. Any lunch suggestions with plenty of parking for the group would be appreciated.

We're an easy group, any chain restaurant next to the highway would work.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If cafeteria is okay, it will have easy access & no detours. If not we can go the opposite direction on 19/23 and there is an assortment of chains (Applebees, Fatzs, etc.). If you like we can eat @ Pisgah Inn, but it might be 2:00 before we get there & 2:30 before we are served.

What time do you think the group will get to Asheville.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts