Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all: Took delivery of my '10 Cayman today. Black on black. Not too many options. Came away very pleased with Jack Daniels' service and all. The dealership is spot on, great sales guy (David Chais) who got all of the paperwork turned around quickly for me.

Here is my question for you all: what do you normally keep in your car? A blanket? Towel? Oil? Hot blonde erg... red head?

Thanks!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Get a clear bra on that thing ASAP!

Consider doing the front bumper, full hood and the fenders.
And the mirrors and around the side intakes. Black really shows road rash. Also read up on how to wash and dry properly to reduce micro swirls in the paint. But Black is gorgeous when clean and shined. Please post some pictures. My 2006 is black on black and still looks gorgeous now 42K miles later. But I can get fingerprints on it by walking by five feet away.

Next really study the owner's manual as there are lots of nifty features in your new car. And drive safely. Ed

·
Registered
20 Posts
Awesome car. Congratulations.
I just wish I could drive mine more often. It is truly a car you will enjoy to drive. Of course all Porsche are a blast to drive, but more so for the Cayman.
Other than a pair of sunglass, I don't keep any other things in the car. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Radar detector! Coffee shop napkins in the glovebox if you suffer from seasonal allergies and don't want to inflict mucous on your new interior during a sneeze. An airline style "barf bag", you never know when a passenger can't handle the G's! A friends girlfriend hurled once in his car and got it all over the seat belt, when she finally exited the the vehicle after the assault the belt retractor wound all that goo into the mechanism- smelled bad for months! Since there is no spare tire, I keep a small tire plug kit wrapped with a micro fiber cloth in the storage bin behind the seat. Tire gauge, pen style in that spot just behind the glove box door near the top. A pen.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!! Black on black my favorite.

The only thing I've come to keep in the car is a spare pair of shoes for me and the Mrs (who is a red head coincidentally!) kept in a plastic bag. We go for a lot of walks etc and muddy shoes back in the car ain't so good! Oh and some screenies for the fogging on drivers side window - a Porsche feature.

As usual, you will hear the chants for a bra to be put on your car here, but there are other threads that have discussed this in detail and I would suggest you read up before making a decision. fwiw, I wouldn't put one on my car if you paid me.

No doubt someone will tell you to read the manual in detail in the next few posts. Yawn.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!! Black on black my favorite.

As usual, you will hear the chants for a bra to be put on your car here, but there are other threads that have discussed this in detail and I would suggest you read up before making a decision. fwiw, I wouldn't put one on my car if you paid me.

do you have links? I'd be interested to see the cons to the clear bra

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
I think Kehr Got is spot on Right!!
"All of the above. If the blonde is hot enough, you're going to need the blanket, the oil AND the towel"

congrats on the great looking car ...black on Black ,welcome to the club

hey P-Car Fan ...You planning on getting a cayman soon ? or are you going to continue to lurke ?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I think Kehr Got is spot on Right!!
hey P-Car Fan ...You planning on getting a cayman soon ? or are you going to continue to lurke ?
In due time :taunt: I'd like to have one already, but it's probably going to be another 6 months or so given the time waiting for a build spot and the actual build of a '11 model
In the mean time I'll lurke often w/ dreams of driving my own ;-)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I got a radar detector. I would recommend you do the same. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.