Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chandra,

I happen to live in Chi-town myself and have been tracking this forum for a while.... interestingly enough, this is my first post.

Anyways, a couple thoughts: Front license plate - I would give a heads up to your dealer if you aren't interested in the front plate. As I understand it, some car manufacturers add the plate at the DC after the ship docks so you don't have any means of saving your front bumper from the two holes that are drilled. This happened to a bimmer I owned previously. The Porsche dealer I am purchasing from suggested that they actually don't put a front plate on, unless it is requested by the owner specifically. Of course, it maybecome a problem if ever faced with the police, but I haven't been hassled about it yet on any of the cars I've owned in IL.

As for the PASM, I had actually test driven a Cayman with 19' wheels and PASM and found the ride to be quite reasonable despite the horrible road conditions out here. As a comparison, I jumped into a car with the standard 18' wheels and NO PASM... the ride felt rather comparable. With the weather and road conditions out here, I was certain that I'd have regretted NOT having purchased PASM eventually, so I went with it. I think it comes down to personal preference. Note, I also think the car looks a bit better with PASM on 19' wheels because the car physically sits a bit lower. The difference is only slight.

As for color, I want to see what meteor grey looks like (or some good photos) before locking it down. The dealer suggested that they are expecting them to hit the showroom in October, so I am going to wait before locking down a color. As for the interior color, I am constantly waffling between black and sand... polar opposites...

BTW, what dealer did you purchase from?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Gutshot, Thanks for the detailed info. I drove a Cayman S with PASM today and you can really feel the difference between activating the PASM and keeping it in the Normal mode. Though the Normal mode felt a little soft - but with PASm, I could do a detailed quality assessment of the pavement . You felt every little bump !! I am still thinking about that.

As for the Meteor gray, the dealer had a paint sample strip for that color. It was a bright day and I walked out to check this out against the colors that were on the lot. I put the strip (it is about 8 in by 12 in) on top of a Seal Gray hood and it almost matched, but was just a shade darker. I think it is going to look very nice - between the Arctic Silver and the Atlas Gray in the metallic color range (not counting the special and more expensive colors). The car I saw had a Seal Gray with black - it looked very classy and I think the Meteor Gray with black will also look that way. BTW, I saw (right next to it) a Boxster in basalt Black with Sand Beige interior. It looks nice but I am now less certain abt the Sand beige. It grabs attention but the contrast is striking and I am not sure how it will 'wear' over time

Anyway, thanks for the info on PASM.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Saw a pic of a convertible in Meteor Gray with sand beige interior on anotherbthread in this forum. looks gorgeous. Any thoughts on that combo ? The salesman says Basalt Blk with sand beige is quite common but Meteor Gray (or Seal Gray) is most often paired with black interior. What do yopu folks think abt the gray/beige combination (other than I have to work fard to keep the light interior clean) ? Thanks.

·
Registered
543 Posts
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Chandra, you can always use the edit function instead of apologizing.[/quote]

·
Registered
353 Posts
Get Meteor/black. I also consider it classy and timeless. Also get PASM and SC, like having 2 cars. Very fun. You might also consider XPA thicker steering wheel w/ padded stickier leather and more of it surrounding wheel. And X97 shifter looks/feels way cool in black but is $$. /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/twocents.gif -Steve

21 - 28 of 28 Posts