·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reactions: gabrielazar

·
Registered
603 Posts
In the same issue they also say it is the best roadster on sale. No idea why they are even comparing it against a hatchback.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm actually a major BMW enthusiast, but that M135i looks like a cheap piece of junk compared to the Porsche in this picture!

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Wt??!!
Does it really say the bimmer won??!!
:eek:
Haven't read the article etc... but if the tall ID10T w/ the BAD teeth votes on this, you know it ain't going to be a Porsche...

Put a crushed Ferrari of any kind up against anything else and that would be his winner.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
It was an interesting comparison, base 981 vs M135. Both brilliant cars but very different, and in a way complimentary. I've just ordered a manual M135 3 door to replace my 4YO 130i. It is a very quick car indeed and the handling's fabulous, much better than you'd expect, and perfect for hooning about at reasonably sensible road speeds, but in comfort mode it is smooth and relaxed for long journeys. Pricing wise its a bargain, especially compared to Porsche. But I'd say the 981 is the better pure sports car and its interior is nicer, but you cant fit bikes and stuff in there. Roll on March 16th. Sadly BMW does not allow customer collection for Brits :(

·
Registered
560 Posts
Haven't read the article etc... but if the tall ID10T w/ the BAD teeth votes on this, you know it ain't going to be a Porsche...

Put a crushed Ferrari of any kind up against anything else and that would be his winner.
Agreed 100%. I love TG (the show and the mag), but it's just entertainment. Their "test track" consists of lines painted on an airstrip (not even cones to knock over), and there's no penalty for cheating. I enjoy it while taking it with a grain of salt.

If you want less comedy and more objectivity, read EVO. They seem to be more immune to the Emperor's new clothes than most other mags. In previous issues, they have not been afraid to criticize the 918 and the new Vanquish and they downright slammed the BRZ after testing it. You can hear them root for the underdog (or any British car maker), but if a car is a POS, then they say, "Hey, this is a POS."

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Yes Wulfgang TG is just entertainment and not aimed at driving enthusiasts, I watch it but dont read the mag. Evo and Car much better. Actually Chris Harris is the chap I have most time for even though he is a bit of a sideways tart, he has a rare talent for driving and journalism. TG lost all credibility in my mind when they sacked Vikki, Tiff and Quentin and got in a couple of stooges as foils for Mr Clarkson. :)

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
Yes Wulfgang TG is just entertainment and not aimed at driving enthusiasts, I watch it but dont read the mag. Evo and Car much better. Actually Chris Harris is the chap I have most time for even though he is a bit of a sideways tart, he has a rare talent for driving and journalism. TG lost all credibility in my mind when they sacked Vikki, Tiff and Quentin and got in a couple of stooges as foils for Mr Clarkson. :)
I watch TG all the time. It's a lot of fun. But you are quite right. That is not where I go to learn about cars.

·
Registered
196 Posts
TG is a great show, it just has nothing to do with autos. :hilarious:

Clarkson dislikes Porsches. He is an Italian and Brit car enthusiast. Hamilton is the Porsche guy.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I'd say Clarkson is a Mercedes guy actually, that what he drives, CLK Black I think, Hamster and the Captain both have run Porsches and liked them. I think they're not exclusive enough for Mr C.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts