Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
There is nothing surprising about that. The Lexus RX is the quintessential suburban Mom car. My wife, daughter, mother-in-law, father-in-law and sister-in-law all have one. Looks like a Lexus dealer lot when they all get together. In defense of my wife, she says she will not get another one as she really doesn't like the way it drives after having driven an Infiniti FX for several years. I told her she wouldn't, but she wouldn't listen to me. The Infiniti feels like a sports car compared to the RX. Maybe a Macan or Cayenne is in the cards in the future for her.

·
Registered
746 Posts
The RX defined the segment and continues to be a safe bet for most people interested in a mid-size CUV (my wife currently drives an older one). It rides comfortably, pretty reliable, luxorious enough, and (for those that care) has a Lexus badge. In my neighborhood, I see a lot more Q5s than RXs, though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Kind of a dumb question, not related to much, but:
Does anyone know, if a sale of a car gets recorded when you place the order, and the deposit, or when you take delivery and sign the final papers?
I think, some dealers might have moved some of their sales figures into the "orders" category to make '14 look better, when in reality, the cars are not being "sold" delivered until early this year!

BTW... News from the dealer as of yesterday:

Mine is currently on a boat (The SS GOODWOOD) in the Atlantic !
Calm waters and safe passage !!! :D

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
Kind of a dumb question, not related to much, but:
Does anyone know, if a sale of a car gets recorded when you place the order, and the deposit, or when you take delivery and sign the final papers?
I think, some dealers might have moved some of their sales figures into the "orders" category to make '14 look better, when in reality, the cars are not being "sold" delivered until early this year!

BTW... News from the dealer as of yesterday:

Mine is currently on a boat (The SS GOODWOOD) in the Atlantic !
Calm waters and safe passage !!! :D
Congrats

Well, I believe in the case of the Macans, and I might be wrong but believe this is true ...

They claim the car was sold out back in May for the year. See http://www.autonews.com/article/201...buyers-offered-short-leases-on-other-porsches or http://blog.caranddriver.com/porsch...xsters-and-caymans-until-their-macans-arrive/ "with the 10,000 units Porsche allotted for the U.S. in 2014 already sold out."

I think they meant all the dealers accepted all the allocations. PCNA sells the car to the dealer. The dealer sells the car to you. It was repeatedly reported they were "sold out" long before 2014 ended. Now TTAC got those numbers from GoodCarBadCar. They claim they get it from the car makers. Periodically, PCNA issues a press release, like this Porsche Reports October Sales – Up 11.2% for the Year Compared to 2013

For October, PCNA sold more cars than all other models except the 911. Not really sure that means 741 cars delivered to customers or not.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Okay, thanks...
I wonder, because mine is a 2015...

So, I found the Goodwood on "Ships at Sea"
Arrival is scheduled in Rhoad Island (?) on Jan. 30
5 day of customs inspections on the fleet 14,000 cars (Audi, VW, and Porsche)
2 days travel to dealer - So, by mid Feb... maybe?

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
Okay, thanks...
I wonder, because mine is a 2015...

So, I found the Goodwood on "Ships at Sea"
Arrival is scheduled in Rhoad Island (?) on Jan. 30
5 day of customs inspections on the fleet 14,000 cars (Audi, VW, and Porsche)
2 days travel to dealer - So, by mid Feb... maybe?
They are all MY15 cars, including the launch cars sold in the US in May, 2015 or in the EU back in Feb, 2015.

Arrival end of the month. A week for customs stuff. Sounds good. Don't know about the two days for travel though. It's winter and you can't predict the North Easters two weeks from now. I'd guess maybe third week in Feb.

Good luck!

Don't forget pictures :)

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Not surprising.....Macan is not for everyone. Just like when cross shopping 'sporty cars' many will not look at Caymans and Boxsters.....as the attributes we value are not important or on the 'must have' short list of others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts