Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cayenne Coupe S vs the new X6 M50i, that is.

For someone who’s never a fan of SUVs but buys them for practical reasons, and never liked a BMW since the new millennium, I find myself now in love with the Cayenne Coupe turbo but turned off by its insane tag price, and currently admiring the new X6 M50i with its appealing price, which is similar to the price of the Cayenne Coupe S.

What do you think guys of the new X6 guys?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I can't comment on what these two cars drive like, but I really don't like the looks of this BMW!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hmmmm, asking this on a Porsche forum, I wonder which car will be preferred?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen the beauty in the x6 design. and that new nose... oh dear....

the macan and cayenne on the other hand seem to be getting better looking with each iteration. how is the coupe in the flesh?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Cayenne Coupe wins hands down in the looks department. The X6 is one of the least elegant designs in all of autodom, IMO.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Unless you plan on racing your Cayenne don't bother with the Turbo, the S has tons of power...like a 5 second 0-60. Test drive them all, when spending $100K they should let you!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless you plan on racing your Cayenne don't bother with the Turbo, the S has tons of power...like a 5 second 0-60. Test drive them all, when spending $100K they should let you!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
My rules about buying cars:
1) the sports car needs to be below 3 seconds 0-60
2) the SUV needs to be below 4 seconds 0-60

Anything else, I get bored with so quickly. I test drove the Macan S back in 2015, I loved it and I was about to buy it. But I made a mistake to test drive the Macan turbo, and I walked out of the showroom... couldn’t look back at the S, and wasn’t ready to pay for the turbo.

Nevertheless, I don’t see myself buying anything this year. Too early for both the Cayenne and X6.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am always surprised that some designs get past the initial test phase. The X6 is just strange. They call it a Sports Activity Coupe, because it is another tweener. Its like an SUV mated with a Cross-over. Similar to a MBZ GL Coupe.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Hmmmm, asking this on a Porsche forum, I wonder which car will be preferred?
Actually, I love the looks of this X6. I do think the front of it is better that (pretty dull) fronts of Cayenne and Macan. But once you drive the car... Nothing drives even close to Porsche. So I bought 2019 Cayenne this summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts