Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to this, the average daily high temperatures will be above freezing again in 3 weeks here in Toronto.

Toronto, Ontario - Monthly Calendar - The Weather Network

Seeing as that's an average, it stands to reason that we'll get some below and some above that which means we should at least start getting a few sporadic days of summer tire fun!!! :D

Sorry guys... don't mean to waste your time here... just gazing wistfully off into the future... :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
According to this, the average daily high temperatures will be above freezing again in 3 weeks here in Toronto.

Toronto, Ontario - Monthly Calendar - The Weather Network

Seeing as that's an average, it stands to reason that we'll get some below and some above that which means we should at least start getting a few sporadic days of summer tire fun!!! :D

Sorry guys... don't mean to waste your time here... just gazing wistfully off into the future... :D
Ah yes, but don't forget all the nice gravel they have been spreading on the roads. Here in Alberta, that's an invitation for a cracked wind shield.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah yes, but don't forget all the nice gravel they have been spreading on the roads. Here in Alberta, that's an invitation for a cracked wind shield.
Not here in Toronto. It's just salt and brine... and seeing as most of these cars are aluminum, I wasn't putting too much concern into that. :D

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I took a quick drive around the block this weekend. Now, we are getting hit with some snow. I really hope for a shorter winter so we can start driving our cars again.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today I pulled mine most of the way out of the garage.

Then I put it back.

Made damn sure the rear tires didn't leave the dry floor or I figured it would be outside permanently. :D

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
The weather is looking promising this week...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Practical Spring begins today in Bugtussle, NS. Let the driving begin - salt be damned!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The weather is looking promising this week...
Hmph. Funny that you drag this bit of optimism back from the dead today. It's now officially over a month since I made that post and we all know how THAT worked out. :D

Now... I don't know what forecast you're looking at, but HOORAY!!! This is the first time I've looked at the 14 day trend and saw ANY days with positive highs!! And not only that, but they start on Monday the 9th! I'm sure I looked at this in the past couple days and there was still nothing, so things are looking up!

Now... there's still nothing over 2 degrees, but you never know... one of those days may just turn out to be 5+ and OUT I GO!!!

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
My Yahoo weather app had some days closer to 0. I guys I meant that at least we can take our cars out of the garage as it is not -30.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Bad weather :(. Hopefully this weekend is better. No more comments on weather...

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Forecast says highs of 3 degrees next week, Tuesday and Wednesday!! That might be enough!! :D

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
See? Now why you gotta go and do that?? All you're doing it depressing us!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
See? Now why you gotta go and do that?? All you're doing it depressing us!!
As Abuelo mentioned above, I doubt I willtake mine out until the roads are clean. I don't feel comfortable driving the cayman when there is ton of gravel on the road.

·
Registered
688 Posts
As Abuelo mentioned above, I doubt I willtake mine out until the roads are clean. I don't feel comfortable driving the cayman when there is ton of gravel on the road.
Streets are okay, I just can't get down (and back up) the glacier between my garage and the street. :(

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I took a fatal rock hit to my GTS windshield in Fall 2013 by taking a shortcut though the Blackfoot reserve to the Trans Canada...looks like they haven't cleaned the gravel off Highway 547 in years (if ever). The CS has been through 2 winters/springs without any gravel damage to the body or the windshield (a couple of minor paint chips on the nose)...no new chips/damage on the new GTS windshield, but the front bumper cap and spoiler had some road rash from gravel before it was replaced last month.

Although the CS gets driven every day, we make a point of keeping it off Deerfoot and highways in winter and spring whenever possible. Consequently, it looks pretty much like it did when it was spankin' new. The GTS is the "go anywhere, anytime" winter highway, load 'er up at Lowes SUV stand-in, and has a couple more minor blems than the Cayman but nothing troublesome at all (for me).

I think if one uses their head, doesn't tailgate, avoids certain roads and washes frequently, winter in Calgary is pretty easy on a Porsche. YMMV, especially those living in locations where magnesium chloride is used on roads. http://www.planet-9.com/porsche-care-detailing/105659-brine-accelerated-corrosion-within-warm-garage.html

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I DID IT!! I got to go out for a drive today!!

OH ACCELERATION!! How I've missed you. Since getting the Wrangler, acceleration and cornering have been completely alien to me.

WHAT JOY!!! Driving season is BACK!! :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Finally a string of warm weather here in Cleveland...as close to Canada as I can get without getting wet. 44 degrees and sunshine have left the roads in the development clear. Was able to drive, shift gears and get some movement on a car that's been sitting for three and a half months. It's like driving a new car. So nice. Come on summer so I can drop the top!

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts