Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There

Just got a set of new Front lower control arms, they look like a Tuning Fork (Not the other Coffin shaped arm.)
Does someone have the Torque specs for the 2 bolts .I believe the Cayman and Boxster front suspension are the same.
Mine is the 06 Boxster.I checked the web and found some numbers for an 986 but the front end looks slightly different.
The 986 looks like 118 lbs for the bolt close to the wheel and 89 lbs for the bolt at the other end that has the Bushing in the arm or fork.
There are a few other bolts that have to be loosened also to get the old arm out, if u have those also.Thx

·
Registered
124 Posts
The numbers you've listed applies to 987 too. I recently changed control arms and used ~80ish for chassis bolts and ~100ish for control arm to trailing arm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.