Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a deal offered to me on a new 08 Cayman S in my new absolute favorite color (Malachite Green w/ aluminum package). It has everything I want less the sport chrono. $81,500 MSRP and the offer is at $64,500 with 1.9% financing. Am I insane for even considering keeping my 06 CS with 30,000 miles on it?

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
moneyputt- I love the color of your current car; but if the green is really what you want... it's really what you want!

The financing is fantastic, if you can afford the new expense. You'll suffer the depreciation on your '06; it will hurt, but someone else will get a beautiful car (humm...you will too!)

...and you absolutely would not be nuts for keeping what you have. Your car is very pretty. But if you can afford to step up to more of what you want, go for it! Forget the chrono!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what makes it tough. I really like both colors. My car is paid for so any trade-in would go 100% against the cost. I could pay outright for it but 1.9% is a really nice interest rate and I'd probably take advantage of it. My car has a bunch of little chips in the paint from when I bought it pre-owned and from being my daily driver. The warranty also expires next May. This would be pristine and new with full factory warranty. I am really up in the air on this one. I love my CS but DANG this sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got a mail from my dealer about 1.9% financing as well. Not sure what all the terms are but looks like it's probably an across the board promotion. Was there a limit on the financing term?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a mail from my dealer about 1.9% financing as well. Not sure what all the terms are but looks like it's probably an across the board promotion. Was there a limit on the financing term?
Just been communicating through email and he didn't mention term restrictions to me. I'm sure he'll send me a message tomorrow as I speced out my car to him for trade in possibility. I'll check that out as well.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the thought of losing Sport Chrono, seeing that I never use the lap timer and doubt I would even if I tracked the car, can the throttle be remapped independantly? That's really the only function I use sport chrono for. The new CS has PASM like mine has so the only thing missing would be the more responsive throttle which I've kinda gotten addicted to. Oh yeah, and will ehaust and headers from 06 fit on 08? I assume they would being there's no change in the model til 09. I have headers and exhaust on order now for the 06 so it would help to know this before I consider a deal.

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
On the thought of losing Sport Chrono, seeing that I never use the lap timer and doubt I would even if I tracked the car, can the throttle be remapped independantly? That's really the only function I use sport chrono for. The new CS has PASM like mine has so the only thing missing would be the more responsive throttle which I've kinda gotten addicted to. Oh yeah, and will ehaust and headers from 06 fit on 08? I assume they would being there's no change in the model til 09. I have headers and exhaust on order now for the 06 so it would help to know this before I consider a deal.
I think Softronic can do the "always Sport mode". Not positive, though.

The exhaust will absolutely work.

There is a change in the AC button. It said one thing until 07 and another in 08. AC OFF versus ECO or something like that. ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd hold out for the gen 2 with the direct injection motor. it's probably why they are offering such good deals on older cars

Pre 09 cars will take a hit, just because the pre face lift cars are about

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Sport Chrono sucks anyway, I would never get it again. It doesn't make the car any faster, and a more sensitive throttle actually is harder to moderate (IMO). I think its been posted on here that people have better track times without it on...

·
The driver formally known as Torque
895 Posts
I would say that the difference in your car and the 08 is really negligable.

If your warranty is coming up, then it is the perfect opertunity to slap a
turbo on your car. Or do an engine swap. Suncoast has some great deals on remanufactured engines right now. Your money would be far better spent on something like that I think.

:2cents:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts