Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ever wonder where your Porsche parts come from? It's not elves! Knopf Automotive is proud to present an exclusive tour of the brand-new East Coast Porsche Distribution Center, located at the Chrin Commerce Centre, 170 Commerce Lane (new street so please use alternate address "9 McFadden Rd"), Easton, PA.

The 130,000-square-foot facility is home to a Porsche Academy Training Center, Porsche's Area East Office, and a new parts distribution center for the Northeast. RTR will be the first PCA chapter in the country to tour the facility.

Social including catered dinner buffet starts at 6:00 pm, followed by the meeting, then the tour immediatly following. There will be special parking for RTR P-cars. For more information, contact RTR member Jim Sangiorgio @ 610-967-0787
What:
Exclusive tour of the new Porsche training facility and distribution center.

Where:
9 McFadden Rd, Easton, PA.

When:
Wednesday, May 26th, 6PM-9PM

Attending:
1. fab944
2. PistolPete
3. Phil1
4. shaggyone*
5. PCay60
6. [email protected]
7. clyric
8. Retired-Teach
9. Blackhawk

*maybe

·
Registered
434 Posts
Pete that is the facility my avatar, about 1 mile from home. May26th I may very will make it I am a member of RTR...

Hey FAB944 I am pretty sure that was you last Friday PM at Sullivan Trail & Uhler Road, NO? I was headed to some local back roads to blow some steam foo from the week...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Pete that is the facility my avatar, about 1 mile from home. May26th I may very will make it I am a member of RTR...

Hey FAB944 I am pretty sure that was you last Friday PM at Sullivan Trail & Uhler Road, NO? I was headed to some local back roads to blow some steam foo from the week...
Phil,

Yeah, that was me... :cheers:

Unfortunately, I was just out running errands...:(

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi sign me up i will be driving there from buffalo that day :) then i will continue to nyc to meet a couple of friends for the weekend ^^
Hi clyric,

Please remember to call Jim Sangiorgio @ 610-967-0787 to confirm your attendance. Thanks and looking forward to meeting you!

-Pete

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks like I can make it ! Anyone driving out from/or through mid-NJ on the way out to PA? Looking to follow a fellow member out to Easton. Already left a vmail for Jim with my RSVP, put me on the list.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The event was much bigger than I anticipated. It was a huge turn out. There were about 150 people. It was a lot of fun. Free food was good too. ;)

Check out the crowd.

Standing room only.

Mike on the stage giving a speech.

Engine training classroom. This engine is for the Panamera. How would you like to have a spare one in your garage.

I believe they are the instructors.

Transmission classroom.

How would you like to get hand on training under one of this?

I still have many many more pictures. I'll try to post them as fast as I can. Wait until you see the warehouse.

·
Registered
62 Posts
More close up on the engines.

I wonder does this run under XP or DOS?? They have 2 on every classroom.

You can eat off this Panamera belly.

All kind of fancy adapter for the hydraulic press use for transmission assembly.

I thought the 17.5 ton press was impressive...

Then they shown us this 40 ton press. Yikes!!

Another fancy tool to measure gap on transmission...

In micronmeter...thickness of a human hair.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What a great evening..many thanks to Jim/RTR and Knopf Auto for hosting the event! Met many great enthusiast and explored an amazing facility. The shipping warehouse will be one of 3 in the country and specifically will serve 85 dealers in the Northeast and part of Canada.
Amateur photos at: http://picasaweb.google.com/116634794997805862745
Not seeing a "spellcheck" icon so you are all stuck with my bad spelling!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.