Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Tow hitch installer in VIC

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  BakaYume 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have had a look in the forums, and online but cannot seem to find a tow hitch installer in Melbourne VIC.

I am looking to be able to tow an easy trailer with a dirt bike, or possibly a track bike (approx 200kg or less when wet) on a 2006 Cayman S.

I really like the Willwood system as it hides the hitch if you aren't towing anything.
Willwood System - Porsche Hitches and Bike Racks

Is there anyone that can install this system or something similar in VIC?

#4 · (Edited)
'Fraid I can't help you - but kudos to you for considering a small receiver tube style trailer hitch for your P car. Maybe, in general for others, do this after the powertrain warranty is over, so as not to give a reason for warranty denial. I'm sure there will be naysayers - but I for one feel that a person should look to get max utility out of a sports car. Do it all with one multifacetted vehicle and enjoy the wonderful drive quality 100% of the time. Be pretty moderate with total towed wt. (1200 lbs.?), with tongue load, and with the gradients you want to attack though. We're not talking about serious towing here folks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.