Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would love to see how it will go on our 2.7 liter engine.....:banana:.......i want to see what will be the ouput hp numbers.....go for it...

·
Registered
80 Posts
That would be terrific....my concerns would be twofold and are both related however.

1) I think if you put a turbo on it then it may be hard to sell later because (in general) people tend to shy away from heavily modified cars....on the other hand 2) if you plan to keep it and never sell it you would need to ensure it won't affect the long term life of your engine.

I think it would be great however to see what our 2.7's can do with this mod though. Might be the answer to my situation as well. $7k is a little rich for me....whatever happened to $4k turbo kits?

I wonder how much would it cost to do a 3.4L engine swap?

Good luck...the rest of us 2.7's are behind you on this one.

·
Registered
199 Posts
This is great! Good for you.

Are you going to install yourself, have a local shop do it or send it east?
I helped David (Frankincayman) install his, and it is doable. Its a hell of a commitment, but doable.

So I am looking at doing a http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxs...tpc-racing-atp-l-turbo-system-7-490-a.htmlTPC turbo on my 2.7 Liter Cayman :)
The project will start with the TPC L and then later upgrage to the full blown TPC system .
I thought I would start the the lesser exspensive one so if anyone else that is interested it would be an affordable upgrade to their 2.7 ,with an option of upgrading to the Higher performance TPC later on if you want to.
I have been waiting for some other 2.7 liter owner to pull the plug on this but I have decided to just pave the road for us 2.7 liter owners that do not want to get Gouged by trading in our cars but want to increase the performance of the car we already love.
Any 2.7 Liter owners out there? Thoughts? :thanks:
And Thanks to Casey and TPC

·
Registered
12 Posts
so in order to upgrade the turbo for 2,7s, do we have to upgrade other parts as well ???? such like clutch and brakes???

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
The transmission is not removed for the turbo upgrade... There is no really "while you are in there" upgrades for the system as it is pretty plug and play. We recommend starting with the system and then doing the upgrades as they come. The brakes arent necessary to replace right away... a grippier clutch will be necessary down the road.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Peter! Great news. I am very interested to see how it goes from here. Did you get your spoiler light turned off? Sorry, been a little crazy here with T-Day.

·
Cayman 2.7 ecu, pioneer f90bt
4 Posts
At 7,500 + install $2000, it's a pill hard swallow in a mid of recession. It looks like there’s no 2.7 out there with ATP2 kit so far. I’d like see a dyno. At almost $10000 cost I think, trading to Cayman S + ecu upgrade is a better option considering all factors like warranty. If TCP can demonstrate 2.7 turbo is much faster, give us a like 1/4 mile runs numbers then it would be more interesting. I wonder why nobody develops a supercharger kit for Caymans, not enough space in engine bay? TCP will have some sort of competitors eventually, that might drive a price a little lower. Looks like TCP make an outstanding work and turbo kit for Cayman S is no brainer. But for us 2.7 guys, I think Cayman S is little better and safe option for now.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I would think upgraded brakes on the 2.7 with a TPC turbo would be a must. The standard Cayman brakes are smaller than the CS even though the HP/speed difference between the two is not massive, so with adding so much more power I'd say the CS brakes should be the minimum...but honestly the bigger the better!

Certainly the addition of the trubo to a 2.7 is a cost effective power upgrade and should be fun once done....don't forget before and after dynos. Maybe your before dyno should be without your SRP flash to give a better indication of the full gains on a 2.7.

Good luck :cheers:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Re: casey

Just thought I should let you know I Sealed the deal today with My favorite Installer/Tuner Max RPM .
I will post with pictures and Videos once this project is off and running .

Lets just see what this 2.7 is capable of producing :)
I cannot wait :banana:

320 at the wheels projected with the ATPl version to start with ,then we will upgrade from there !!!!
Good News!!!

You're not the only one who cannot wait!!:banana:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Re: casey

Just thought I should let you know I Sealed the deal today with My favorite Installer/Tuner Max RPM .
I will post with pictures and Videos once this project is off and running .

Lets just see what this 2.7 is capable of producing :)
I cannot wait :banana:

320 at the wheels projected with the ATPl version to start with ,then we will upgrade from there !!!!
Congrats Peter. Can't wait to see it finished. When are you getting the parts? Very exciting!

Tomasz

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got a 2.7 up here in canada myself, and I can't wait to see the results, actually thinking about it myself but I would not be able to do it till some time next year, as the car is stored for the winter and I also have to save up the money.
Good luck and will be looking forward to seeing the results.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
any updates?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts