Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After changing to Pagid yellows,I removed the sensors, wrapped them in electrical tape and fastened them with ties out of the way. I also put on my new CCW C10 wheels with Nitto NT01's which DO NOT have TPMS. I assume the TPC inactive code is due to the new wheels/tires but I want to make sure. Is there any way to get the low pressure light and red exclaimation point to go out other than covering them with tape?

BTW even without the pads bedded, there is very noticible improvement in stopping power!

TIA

·
Registered
292 Posts
There is no way to get the lights to go out on the dash without buying 4 new sensors and installing them on the wheels. The system will continue to look for the sensors and obviously not find any.

I am not sure if the dealer can turn that off with the PIWIS

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have a similar setup for on my track wheels. To my knowledge the lights are a permanent fixture unless you install TPM sensors. I've done 3 track days and a bunch of miles and I don't even notice the lights anymore. YMMV

·
Registered
100 Posts
After changing to Pagid yellows,I removed the sensors, wrapped them in electrical tape and fastened them with ties out of the way. I also put on my new CCW C10 wheels with Nitto NT01's which DO NOT have TPMS. I assume the TPC inactive code is due to the new wheels/tires but I want to make sure. Is there any way to get the low pressure light and red exclaimation point to go out other than covering them with tape?

BTW even without the pads bedded, there is very noticible improvement in stopping power!

TIA
Are you going to be at Sebring on May 8th? I'll be there with my silver Cayman S and a new set of Pagid Yellows as well :dance:

In every car I've ridden in on the track w/o the TPMS sensors the lights were lit up complaining... sorry dude. But maybe it can be turned off via PWIS

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you going to be at Sebring on May 8th?
I'll be there with my silver Cayman S and a new set of Pagid Yellows as well :dance:

In every car I've ridden in on the track w/o the TPMS sensors the lights were lit up complaining... sorry dude. But maybe it can be turned off via PWIS
I'm going to Sebring this Saturday 4/24 with Safe Motorsports. Can't make 5/8 but working on 6/12 with Chin. I just graduated to solo with Chin last weekend........I've never done a Safe event so I'm really looking forward to going. Thanks for the info re TPMS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.