Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At TPC Racing, we have been working hard on the dyno tuning the 981 S. We have come up with the TPC Racing Blitzkrieg Atmo 355 Powerpak that consists of a flash, silicon plenum induction kit, performance plenum and 83mm throttle body. Due to the encryption with the 981, TPC Racing is using a UniChip to help with the tuning. The plenum being used is 1/3 greater than stock as well the throttle body is 8mm larger. With just these parts, we have seen a gain of 24whp!

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Yeah not being as familiar with the 981 induction, I take it there must be two air filters?
That's how I understand it. Both driver and passenger side vents are used (and presumably filtered) for air induction.

On the bright-side... we 987 guys only need to replace one filter. ;)

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I am interested.

Is this kit the components that would relate to (fix) the detuning of the 3.4 991 that has been done to the 981?

Would international support be an issue?

What sort of $s are we talking?

When will this be productionalised?

:cheers:

Brian

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
I like that dyno plot. (He said, like he was an expert. LOL.)

Seriously, though...it looks like you get increases across a range that makes it usable. Not just some peak increases at redline.

Having said this, I would like to see a rolling start race side by side with a stock car and a 355 car. Or, hook up a data logger and run them both.

Very cool, TPC. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Yeah not being as familiar with the 981 induction, I take it there must be two air filters?
Yeah, 2 air filters - one for each intake. Both sides are now used for both the air intake and engine bay fan.

I wonder how easy it will be to get to the air filters.
Not hard. There's a video of it somewhere, though I've forgotten on which forum it was.. They're now cylindrical shaped kind of like engine oil filters, though much larger and slightly tapered at one end. IIRC you access them from the trunk, i.e. without taking the engine cover off.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am interested.

Is this kit the components that would relate to (fix) the detuning of the 3.4 991 that has been done to the 981?

Would international support be an issue?

What sort of $s are we talking?

When will this be productionalised?

Brian
PM sent for pricing. With support, we stand behind our products and will be more than happy to assist you and offer tech support. In regards to the tuning, the car is now making the power of a 3.4L 991.

Finally @ 57: the 981 is a 2013 Boxster

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
PM sent for pricing. With support, we stand behind our products and will be more than happy to assist you and offer tech support. In regards to the tuning, the car is now making the power of a 3.4L 991.
Thanks for the pricing PM it looks good.

Can you advise the details of "the Flash and the UniChip to help with the tuning."

Does this replace anything or is it in addition to the encrypted ECU. Is the flash the flash of the UniChip or something else.

Just trying to determine collateral impacts.

Sports Button and Sports + Button mapping changes (including the rev limiter changes) as well as the PDK map changes (Rev limiter, Launch Control).

Also is this as simple as install / replace parts or do you need to update any existing components e.g. re flash?

Brian

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your Sport and Sport Plus modes will all remain the same as well as the shift points of the PDK. The install is all bolt on. The UniChip is not replacing the ECU, it is just an addition. The way we tune the car is just like any other. We have created a file that we have found to work best on our dyno and that is what we program to the ECU.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Interesting. Rear wheel horsepower is about 15% lower than engine horsepower for a manual transmissions; Thus, if the stock S dyno at 285 wheel horsepower then the engine horsepower is about 327, which is quite a bit more than MFR rating of 315

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Your Sport and Sport Plus modes will all remain the same as well as the shift points of the PDK. The install is all bolt on. The UniChip is not replacing the ECU, it is just an addition. The way we tune the car is just like any other. We have created a file that we have found to work best on our dyno and that is what we program to the ECU.
Thanks for the info, i will check with my dealer and see if I can add this to the Dealer delivery process. (still 3 months wait till I get the car)

Any estimate of the install time you can share?

Do you have a soft copy of the install instructions you can share?

Brian

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi - can I get a price on this setup? Also, can this kit be installed by anyone or do you require the car be sent to your shop?

Thx,
BC

1 - 20 of 122 Posts