Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Porsche Prophet
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on our wildly successful turbo kits for the 987 platform, TPC
Racing is proud to release our 981 Cayman/Boxster Turbo Kit. Boosting the performance of your 981 by over 100 horsepower at the wheels and 100+ ft-lbs of torque, the TPC Racing 981 Turbo Kit provides drivers with a huge increase in performance.

As always, the 981 Turbo Kit includes an ECU tune from engineer and developer, Mike Levitas, so no additional tuning systems are required. The kit also features a conservative, 4psi boost level to preserve longevity and reliability of the engine.

At this time, we are only offering a stage 1 kit for this platform. Development is underway for further stages.

You can contact TPC Racing via email at [email protected] or phone at (410) 799-7223 for more info and pricing.

Assembled Kit-3243 copy.jpg _MG_3055.JPG IMG_3039.jpg _MG_3247.JPG

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hi guys. Long time lurker on the forums for a few years now and on my third Cayman (981)

I understand that adding this voids the warranty, but what about emissions testing? Will this setup still be emissions legal in all States? I'm assuming so since you guys claim that you have many 987 turbos out there with many trouble free miles on them, so I assume those are street miles and not track miles.

Thanks!

·
Porsche Prophet
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In some states (such as CA) any engine performance related modifications that doesn't look stock and without a CARB-certification # (which nearly all Porsche performances parts don't) is supposed to fail the visual portion of the inspection (how the state is the tuning culture mecca of the country with such strict regulations we have no idea :)). In such states, I suppose if you can get it to pass it's like the first rule in fight club ;)

For all other states that only do the OBD plug-in test, it will pass assuming that all emissions control devices are still on the car and functioning properly. Our turbo kit does not remove any of the emissions control devices.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Thanks so much! Luckily I'm not in Cali, so typically just the plug in check and pressure testing the fuel cap. I don't recall anyone ever looking to see if any non stock parts were installed at all, and I'm not sure the guys doing these test would have a clue at what they looking at anyway.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,631 Posts
Mine passed the plug in testing in both NJ and NV. Many cars with TPC turbo kits have lots of track and street miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts