Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In our never-ending quest to Innovate Not Imitate, we have made some great strides in tuning Porsche Sportscars in the past. Often overshadowed by our other product lines like 775 Blitzkrieg packages, our line of TPC Racing Turbo Kits for 986/987 family deserves its time in the Sun. So, I think this would be a good time to gather up some customer testimonials and third-party reviews on our Turbo Kits.

Instead of filling this thread with product specs and numbers, I just wanted to cover some of the memorable testimonials from those who had the chance to drive/ride in TPC Turbo 986/987.

"I was very impressed with the broad power curve and minimal lag of Accumoto/TPC Racing turbo system..."
"It felt like a big-cube V-8"
"I want one!!"
-Randy Pobst, `06 Daytona 24 Champion, after driving TPC Racing ATP:Stg.2 -equipped car

"You should have seen his face,’ exclaims the owner of our featured Cayman. ‘There we were behind this fully wrung-out RS4; he pulled to the left, and we just blew past him. Poor guy couldn’t understand what was going on…’
"Factoring in the current market value of a used Cayman S, you could be holding the keys to a turbocharged near-500bhp mid-engined Porsche for around £35,000. This car is as outrageously exciting as that prospect sounds."
-Adam Fowler, excerpt from his review on TPC Racing turbo equipped PARR Cayman in EVO magazine (Nov. 2009)

"Although we weren't equipped with timing gear, the run from 0 to 100 went by in around the time it takes to read this sentence. Getting up to the nasty side of 120 wouldn't have taken much longer..."
-Isaac Mion, excerpt from his review on TPC Racing turbo equipped Cayman S in European Car magazine (May 2009)

TPC Racing turbo equipped Accumoto Cayman participates in 2010 Ultimate Track Car Challenge

David and Sayuri Greishaber just won 2010 PCA Golden Gate Region Autocross Championships in their TPC Racing turbo equipped Cayman, which also received positive review by Autoblog.
Link to the Autoblog Article

http://www.planet-9.com/tpc-racing-general-forum/45137-tpc-turbo-2-7-a-3.html
"i did notice that under hard acceleration, the car pulls like a champ (stronger than the way my 105 lb dog pulls me around). however, the first thing i noticed is the more agressive exhaust note...there's more "rumble" and its a little louder but not obnoxious. while driving in the slow evening traffic, i notice a little more exhause sound in the passenger cabin, but again nothing obnoxious."
[email protected] - owner of TPC Racing 2.7L LP Kit

http://www.planet-9.com/tpc-turbo-kits/47493-tpc-turbo-kit-completed-good-comparison.html
So lets talk real world $$$ per horsepower so you can decide how to spend your money.
Milltek Exhaust, Milltek Headers, IPD Plenum, REVO ECU Flash - $6786 + labor for 38rwhp/32ft/lbs
Bone Stock Cayman S with TPC Turbo Kit including all Mods/Tuning - $10500 + labor for 100rwhp/100ft/lbs
Now, what would you do?
-vividracing

http://www.planet-9.com/tpc-turbo-kits/40363-tpc-cayman-s-turbo-atp2-520bhp.html
"Almost to exactly 3,000rpm the car sounds exactly the same as before and you can cruise at about 73mph and not notice any modifications. The car drives just like it always has. Push it past 3K and the car completely changes, the boost is still very linear but much harder and never lets off well deep into 7K rpm. The exhaust note changes radically, very raspy, very angry – really more pissed than anything.
The biggest difference to before is the throttle sensitivity."
[email protected] - owner of TPC Racing Stg.2 Turbo equipped Cayman

http://www.planet-9.com/tpc-turbo-kits/51805-tpc-racing-boxster-2-7l-turbo-build-2.html
I was able to drive my brother's car (the LE boxster that TPC just worked on) quite a bit yesterday. I have a few friends with GTRs so we were able to run it with 2 gtrs. I have to say the car is like a different car. The job TPC did was absolutely amazing. The car runs so smooth it is honestly like it came from factory with the extra power.

The acceleration is so much stronger, we have done a few rolling to 60 runs in the mid to high 4s range already (this is without a launch, i suspect from a standing start with a good launch this car should run to 60mph in about 4 flat). For comparison sake, I took my Cayman (only has an intake and ecu upgrade) out last week with my friend's GTR and we did a few runs. With both cars starting in mid range 2nd gear I was smoked. We did a run where I ran 2nd gear and my friend ran 4th in the GTR and I only slightly kept in front. Yesterday, however, we ran my brothers car with the same gtr. Going 2nd gear vs 2nd gear we ran maybe 2-3 (at most) car lengths behind the gtr (which to me is very impressive considering the gtr is running ~ 500HP). We also ran 2nd gear in the Boxster vs 3rd gear in the GTR (again, I know it's the wrong gearing on the GTR but in fairness it still is putting out ~140 more crank HP than the boxster) and the boxster pulled on the gtr until they both hit 4th gear.

I cannot express how happy I am with the car, TPC is truly first class...their customer service (and I will say it again because it cannot be said enough) is truly amazing and the car feels like it was sent over right from Stuttgart...the quality of their work is truly second to none.
[email protected] - owner of Boxster Limited Edition equipped with TPC Racing 2.7L LP Kit.

We are constantly working to outdo ourselves. We are currently working on Boxster/Cayman Turbo Kit for the EFI 2.9L in addition to the DFI motors. Stay tuned for upcoming releases for these kits.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Check Eddie out! TPC's latest marketing man! I know the bays are filled so how'd you get time to post something? U working nights?

I loved my turbo CS and was sad to sell it. I've been NA since February and I am getting the itch for some boost.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check Eddie out! TPC's latest marketing man! I know the bays are filled so how'd you get time to post something? U working nights?

I loved my turbo CS and was sad to sell it. I've been NA since February and I am getting the itch for some boost.
lol yeah, I got demoted. j/k Just trying to help out whereever it's needed.

I'm telling ya B, a little boost never hurt anybody..... but then again there "could" be alot of boost in your near future. ;)

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I did not get quoted so --- + 1 on everything and more that has been said ---- 70,000 miles with TPC -- added each stage as they came out -- each one better than before -- what a rush; I would have dumped this car awhile back if not for you guys...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did not get quoted so --- + 1 on everything and more that has been said ---- 70,000 miles with TPC -- added each stage as they came out -- each one better than before -- what a rush; I would have dumped this car awhile back if not for you guys...
My sincere apologies, Peter. I updated the thread on the other forum and thought I had done the same here. But, it did get you to provide us with an awesome quote. ;) For that we thank you. Happy Holidays~

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
My sincere apologies, Peter. I updated the thread on the other forum and thought I had done the same here. But, it did get you to provide us with an awesome quote. ;) For that we thank you. Happy Holidays~

I don't need to be quoted -- just busting chops -- you guys know

·
Registered
37 Posts
Say I do end up grabbing a TPC Turbo kit for my second hand 06 Cayman S, in terms of reliabity what will I expect?
I have seen all the plenum and other mods but the turbo kit interests me the most.
What kind of gains to expect?

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
I would say your installer will make a difference. Even then a turbo is adding a lot of technology to your car. Some checks after the installation would be appropiate. Heck we are all supposed to check the torque in out wheels after 30 or 35 miles after reinstalling wheels. Your oil change intervals will be shorter, at most 5k miles maybe less.

I do not have a Turbo, but my mechanic has installed it. He recommends a couple of inspections after some initial miles.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Say I do end up grabbing a TPC Turbo kit for my second hand 06 Cayman S, in terms of reliabity what will I expect?
I have seen all the plenum and other mods but the turbo kit interests me the most.
What kind of gains to expect?
The gains are huge. With the turbo kit, you will see over 100hp gain. For a dyno graph, more information on the kit and videos, please check out the kit on our website. TPC Racing Cayman Turbo Kit

In terms of reliability, the car is very reliable. There are a lot of Cayman Turbo's out there with close to 80,000 turbo miles on the car. This includes daily driving and track time. There are also cars we have out there that guys take on business trips running up and down the east coast and also stopping at the race track for a DE over a weekend driving the car very hard. If you service your car regularly, you will be fine. We recommend an oil change every 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
275 Posts
40k on my Stage 3 Plus TPC Racing Turbo Kit! Porsche performance equal to their win in the Rolex 24 Hours At Daytona! The TPC team excels in all aspects of improving the performance of and maintaining the car. I have been a customer for eight years now, and I give them the highest of recommendations. I can stongly say that they have improved my car so that I experience the most--and perhaps best--when driving my Porsche. A reputation considered by many in aftermarket and motorsports industries to be true experts and professionals. Coupled with DSC Tractive, other suspension, brake, and aero enhancements...Wow! Miles of smiles!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I have mine for 7 years now and I have nothing but good things to say about Tom Chan and everyone at TPC racing. My only problem is that I can no longer pass the new emissions requirements, Colorado used to do the old sniffer test where they gather all the fumes from your exhaust pipe and my 997 TPC turbo pass that with no problems. The new way is to plug into your OBD and I failed with Catalyst converter not ready error. Nothing I can do to change it to 'ready' state. Fortunately for me, I can register my 997 in another county that doesn't require an emissions test, unfortunately for me, I have to drive an hour and a half every year to register it. I know a lot of people don't have that luxury. So a little warning for those who have a strict emissions, the TPC turbo might not be legal in your state. Unless TPC figured something out recently that I am not aware of.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts