Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got these parts in for upgrading Peter's Cayman S Turbo(w/over 50k miles on the turbo system).

"Offroad use only" Headers
Much larger Turbo
TPC Routine switching!

Beautiful and when done we should be pushing 480whp!

Regards,
Casey

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is running comparable boost levels, so there is no added stress. I am sure Peters car will run for another 50k miles w/no issues!

youngcayman. Call tom at the shop and talk with him about pricing.

Casey

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,645 Posts
Casey, are you sacrificing throttle response and low end with this mod to gain top end power? Any before and after comparison dynos of the two turbos? Do you have to go catless to take advantage of the larger turbo?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No you dont. After we re dyno peter's car i can place the two together so you can see response... you get any news from Porsche yet?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Look for schwabes videos :) It is about 25% louder i would say.
Ah yes, I have seen Schwabe's video...I was wondering where the extra sound came from...seems to have a bit raspier sound.

Schwabe...after watching your video a few times looks like you hit a bit of black ice were the road dips and hits the shade at the same time...looks like you caught it just as you put power down coming out of the dip...yup my bet is black ice...and of course plenty of torque...

I've got the turbo disease and I haven't even gotten my car yet...three weeks and counting...my saving grace (money wise) is that the G2 version is still not quite ready?...I have my sights set (economy permitting) on a trip to Maryland this time next year...

·
I'm an excellent driver ....
1,628 Posts
Ah yes, I have seen Schwabe's video...I was wondering where the extra sound came from...seems to have a bit raspier sound.

Schwabe...after watching your video a few times looks like you hit a bit of black ice were the road dips and hits the shade at the same time...looks like you caught it just as you put power down coming out of the dip...yup my bet is black ice...and of course plenty of torque...

I've got the turbo disease and I haven't even gotten my car yet...three weeks and counting...my saving grace (money wise) is that the G2 version is still not quite ready?...I have my sights set (economy permitting) on a trip to Maryland this time next year...
It was wet and cold. Just picked the car up a week earlier, the day before it started to snow. Then it was in the garage for a week. Everybody asking left and rigth how the new setup is. Then I went out, cold, wet and gobs of powaaaaaahhh, thank got it wasn't the 911, would not have caught that ....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts