Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got these parts in for upgrading Peter's Cayman S Turbo(w/over 50k miles on the turbo system).

"Offroad use only" Headers
Much larger Turbo
TPC Routine switching!

Beautiful and when done we should be pushing 480whp!

Regards,
Casey

·
I'm an excellent driver ....
1,628 Posts
Yummy, so I m just missing the bigger turbo. Casey can you send me an e-mail what the cost to upgrade would be? So I can better market this piece of machinery for you in my next video exploits :hilarious:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Casey, I've been trying to follow all the updates for the Cayman Turbo packages being offered... and I'd appreciate if You could iron out some of the details... As I understand it, You offer 2 main packages..one being the ATP:L and the ATP:2? Being in California I hear there is a different tune available to handle our crappy 91-Octane(And what kind of numbers are we seeing?). And as of one of your later posts regarding the ATP:2 Upgrade...it comes with catless headers, a bigger turbo and a switcher...what are the specs/price for the upgrade? And is it the new parts that will come with the standard ATP:2 kit or will the kit cost roughly $10,000 plus the upgrade? Thanks for your patience, CAT/J

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Casey, I've been trying to follow all the updates for the Cayman Turbo packages being offered... and I'd appreciate if You could iron out some of the details... As I understand it, You offer 2 main packages..one being the ATP:L and the ATP:2? Being in California I hear there is a different tune available to handle our crappy 91-Octane(And what kind of numbers are we seeing?). And as of one of your later posts regarding the ATP:2 Upgrade...it comes with catless headers, a bigger turbo and a switcher...what are the specs/price for the upgrade? And is it the new parts that will come with the standard ATP:2 kit or will the kit cost roughly $10,000 plus the upgrade? Thanks for your patience, CAT/J

Thanks for the interest. The most recent numbers on pump 91 in cali were 398... IIRC cayman club members have gotten a little over that so lets call it 400whp on 91 octane. This was the 91 octane program on our intercooled system.

The ATP:2 is our standard system and what we recommend, we created the stage 2(above the ATP:2) for people interested in even more power. I couldnt even tell you the price for the upgrade right off of the top of my head. I will chime in with that info tomorrow morning!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Casey and Cayman Aficionado's - I am running a stage 2 TPC kit down in Australia. I have just purchased the car and it has done 50k km. I am yet to put the car on a dyno however it has been on with other owners with the following results.

Ft torque 493 and RWHP 343. I am pleased with the torque but surprised how low the hp is.

Is this normal?

Can a competent opperator on dyno's alter the tune settings?

Keen to hear what you guys think.

I will post photos soon.

Cheers

Down Under

Attachments

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Hi Casey and Cayman Aficionado's - I am running a stage 2 TPC kit down in Australia. I have just purchased the car and it has done 50k km. I am yet to put the car on a dyno however it has been on with other owners with the following results.

Ft torque 493 and RWHP 343. I am pleased with the torque but surprised how low the hp is.

Is this normal?

Can a competent opperator on dyno's alter the tune settings?

Keen to hear what you guys think.

I will post photos soon.

Cheers

Down Under
Hello,

This could be octane related, but I do not know the conditions when the car was on the dyno with that power figure. If you are having an issue with your car and think that it is low on power, we ask that you log data for us. If you have access to a Durametric tool, that would be very helpful in logging the data for us to see. Please let me know when you dyno your car and if it is abnormal, we will give you the figures to log during a dyno pull and for you to send over for our engineer to look at and see if he needs to tune your ECU for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts