Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kareem: The stock Boxster (or at least un-turbo'ed) will be in green, while the modified Boxster seems to be in red. The Cayman should be in blue (highest redline).

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct. Sorry, i cant edit PDFs on the computer i am on... a PDK Cayman S puts down ~275whp on our dyno.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gen 1 cayman s, on our dyno puts down 260-265...

From what i understand your car is bolted back together and will be run on monday or so.

Casey

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
That doesn't make sense at all.

Gen 1s are 295hp and make 265whp.

Gen 2s are 320hp and make only 10whp more than gen1s?

·
Registered
57 Posts
That doesn't make sense at all.

Gen 1s are 295hp and make 265whp.

Gen 2s are 320hp and make only 10whp more than gen1s?
I think there are too many measurements uncertainties in any dyno run to get hung up over these small differences. You have factors such as gas, tires, oil/engine temps, accuracy/repeatability of the dyno and adaptability of a modern ECU.

Same car and same dyno a month from now with a different brand of gas and the ECU adapting with a tad more advance and the car could put down 285.

This is my car and it does have aftermarket wheels with Michele Pilot Alpine winter tires. Who knows what difference those tires make (unfortunately, I didn’t have time to get my summers on before dropping at TPC).
We also have no way to know the drive train loss of a PDK vs. manual transmission so that also could be a difference although I would be a little surprised if that was much of a factor.

Only thing I’m concerned about is the delta after the exhausts swap and even then I think at best +/- 5hp is as accurate as you can get even with only a few days between pulls. Although being from the calibration industry my mind is geared to account for the uncertainties.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The numbers we use are SAE corrected so their is no issue with temp/humidity.

The PDK car does make less power on the dyno than the manual version(~15whp)... But it makes up for it in shifting responsiveness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts