Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 06 Cayman s A few weeks ago, just to have a bit of fun. I have today completed ordering the parts that will be needed for the mods!!!

I ordered a full Techart body kit, Brembo brake kit and the TPC stage II turbo kit (and Much much more). All and all it should be nice, when its done!!!!

I will keep you guys posted!!

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
You will have a most wonderful 987 that will be one of the very best performing of all Porsches made today. Bravo!
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Congrats!

Be sure to take a lot of pics along the way and post it up. Are you doing the work yourself and having a shop do it?

-Moto

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
You will have a most wonderful 987 that will be one of the very best performing of all Porsches made today. Bravo!
:cheers:
you should see the other cars in his stable. I am excited to hear about how this car compares against his others. Thank you for the purchase Mr. Court!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats!

Be sure to take a lot of pics along the way and post it up. Are you doing the work yourself and having a shop do it?

-Moto
I will have the project we documented with plenty of pictures. I am having everything professionally installed , but I will be there the entire project.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you should see the other cars in his stable. I am excited to hear about how this car compares against his others. Thank you for the purchase Mr. Court!
I am sure it will be as much fun as some of my other toys...I am looking forward to the transformation myself. I should have all the parts in about two weeks... oh the wait!!!

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
jp, the car you've described sounds like a killer automobile! Please keep us posted.

Add an inch or so drop to the suspension the right way and you can go GT3 and Z06 hunting!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well parts are rolling in.... everything should be here by the end of next week.

A few things have changed since I stated this thread... I have found new leftover 08 Cayman S as the project car and have decided to leave the 06 car as my track car. After looking at the bill for all the parts I have ordered,(more than the car new) it seemed like a waste on the 06 and that I would get more out of a newer less tracked car. so I went on the hunt and found the perfect car... I will keep you all posted!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Nice. Don't forget to post up some pics of your other stablemates. It would be interesting to know what you might be comparing the Cayman with. :)

-Moto

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well 95% of the parts are in...we are a few days into the install and things are going smoothly. My installer has estimated it should be complete in about 3 to 4 weeks.... can't wait!!!!

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
jpcourt

Wow !! what techart kit did you order ? this is really going to be awsome !! I am following this thread for sure !!:banana:

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man, you have too many vehicles there to insure, you'd better let me take one or two off your hands... ;) I like the Spyker, but how does it drive?
The Spyker is a blast to drive...and yes there are expensive to insure!!! I am working on getting a dealers license.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts