Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after a LONG wait, I finally installed the TPC Turbo on my Cayman S. It was a crazy ride just getting to this point.

First time out on the track since installing the new engine and turbo. Car handled awesome even on Pilot Super Sports and MAN it has power! Even with the unfamiliar setup, posted 3rd fastest time of the day (on a later lap). This was the warm up lap:

Big thanks goes out to Harris Levitas @TPCRacing and George Kline @GermanDreamsPerformance.

Stock (baseline): 282 RWHP
Current (standard tune 3.5 PSI manifold pressure): 418 RWHP

2006 Porsche Cayman S
TPC Racing Stage 2 Turbo
TPC Racing adjustable sway bars and drop links
3.7 Liter resleeve and IMS Retrofit by LN Engineering
Bilt Racing 2Q Deep Sump
RSS Underdrive Pulley
Clutch Masters FX350 clutch kit

Engine assembled and turbo installed by German Dreams Performance, Bakersfield CA
Dyno tuning done at Cal Speed and Performance, Bakersfield CA

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,643 Posts
Sweet! are you running standard 11.5:1 compression?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW!! Are you using a boost controller? New ECU file? How does the torque curve come in?

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Reactions: HassaanAbdeen

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Bruce! (may I call you Bruce?). I tried to PM you, but your mailbox is full.

I just finally got around to finish reading your beast of a saga. First let me express my condolences for your loss. My mom just lost her battle with cancer and MRSA in April and my siblings and I are trying to help my dad get through the aftermath of loss.

The work on my turbo was, in fact, delayed a year due to my mom's illness. I had moved her from Orange County to here in Bakersfield where I felt she would be better treated.

On the happier end of the spectrum, my wife and I became new parents in March. So now I have two babies to play with (and my wife now has 3 to deal with LOL).

I see that you're in Nevada. I'm taking my wife to Las Vegas for her birthday this weekend and we often visit her family that lives there. Maybe one of these visits we can connect and compare notes!

Hope you're feeling well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts