Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just pulled the trigger on the TPC low pressure turbo system for my non-"S", 2.7l cayman.:dance:

casey was very helpful and patient with all my questions. tom indicated that the system for the 2.7l uses about 99% of the same parts as for the "S", 3.4l engine. it'll take about 2 weeks for TPC to build my system but they'll try to finish it sooner. then it'll have to be shipped to the TPC authorized installer in honolulu (about a week?). the installer indicated that it'll take him between 1 and 2 weeks to complete the installation (he's already installed the same system on a 3.4l tip). this means that i might have to wait 5 weeks before my car will be done.:(

this might make my car one of the first (if not the first) 2.7l to get a TPC turbo system.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
i just pulled the trigger on the TPC low pressure turbo system for my non-"S", 2.7l cayman.:dance:

casey was very helpful and patient with all my questions. tom indicated that the system for the 2.7l uses about 99% of the same parts as for the "S", 3.4l engine. it'll take about 2 weeks for TPC to build my system but they'll try to finish it sooner. then it'll have to be shipped to the TPC authorized installer in honolulu (about a week?). the installer indicated that it'll take him between 1 and 2 weeks to complete the installation (he's already installed the same system on a 3.4l tip). this means that i might have to wait 5 weeks before my car will be done.:(

this might make my car one of the first (if not the first) 2.7l to get a TPC turbo system.
Awesome 808croc & congrats!
I'm envious and will be waiting for my test ride:hilarious:.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: 808croc

You have some roads there in Hawaii you can get this puppy rolling ?
not many, but trust me, i'll find places where i can have some "spirited" driving experience. compared to the other islands (i.e., the big island of hawaii) oahu doesn't have nearly as many, but there are some short stretches. of course, i'm not reckless.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i received an email from my installer indicating that the timing of the turbo kit's anticipated arrival couldn't be better. he is about to complete a few major jobs which will place my installation in the front row, which should make the job go quickly:dance: with any luck, my kit could be installed before the end of the month:banana:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also own a Boxster 2K8 2.7L w/Tiptronic. I met a Cayman S owner that also has the TPC Turbo. He installed the stage 1 and then stage 2. If I am not incorrect, that means he added the inter cooler. I took a ride with him in the car and it really works nice. I am thinking about installing the unit on my car, my only fear is loosing the Porsche warranty. I am only into my first year.

Keep us posted, hope you enjoy the final product. Seems to be a great upgrade.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I also own a Boxster 2K8 2.7L w/Tiptronic. I met a Cayman S owner that also has the TPC Turbo. He installed the stage 1 and then stage 2. If I am not incorrect, that means he added the inter cooler. I took a ride with him in the car and it really works nice. I am thinking about installing the unit on my car, my only fear is loosing the Porsche warranty. I am only into my first year.

Keep us posted, hope you enjoy the final product. Seems to be a great upgrade.
who''s car did you ride in? Where are you located?

I need to make a map w/all turbo clients on it.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.