Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TPC Turbo kit for Triptronic 987 S 2008

Hi all,
Im planning to put Turbo kit stage 2 on my 2008 Cayman S Triptronic. I also plan to add pedal shifts with custom D steering wheel, add deep sump oil pan etc.

Question is, did anyone put Turbo on triptronic on this forum and what other mods are required. My car for some reason have 3rd radiator already and im second owner.

Car had 27.000KM (16.777 miles) when purchased...

Im based in Japan and my other problem is who could do this for me in JP.

thanks in advance...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Re: TPC Turbo kit for Triptronic 987 S 2008

Eleven hours behind you, but you should really call and ask for Tom @ TPC. The number is on their site, and they can assist you. Good luck. And it truly transforms the car's performance. (My car is below, and it is a manual.)

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

thanks mate,
I did exchange few mails with Harris at TPC but apart from "you can add TPC Racing Pro Race Adjustable Sway Bar package" I did not get much more info.

To me it sounded, just buy it...

I wanted to get more info as I have triptronic and some instructions would love to read..

thanks again

e

·
Registered
579 Posts

thanks mate,
I did exchange few mails with Harris at TPC but apart from "you can add TPC Racing Pro Race Adjustable Sway Bar package" I did not get much more info.

To me it sounded, just buy it...

I wanted to get more info as I have triptronic and some instructions would love to read..

thanks again

e
Other than a deep sump oil pan, there is nothing more that I would recommend that you have. The kit is a proven kit and very reliable. When you asked what could make it better, I mentioned the sway bar kit because it will help you put power to the ground off of the corner and help the car handle better. The way the kit comes is all that needs to be installed. I am in sales. If there was more that needed to be added to the kit or more that could be added to the kit I definitely would have told you. It is a bolt on kit. Install and enjoy!!!

In regards to instructions, I emailed the install guide over when we last spoke. Please feel free to email me again if that message did not get to you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks Harris,

I did not receive any instructions so it would be great if you could email me. Then I will visit few shops in Japan and ask if they can do it as I dont think is just simple plug and play...

Please remember I have triptronic and I saw you TPC web site that "All vehicles with Tiptronic transmission require modification of the transmission mounting brackets as well as relocation of the Tiptronic tranmission oil cooler."

Do you have instructions for this as well?

Thanks in advance and waiting for your instructions

Elvin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts