Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Very happy to hear you are working on it, however the end of 2016 seems like a very long way off in the future.

Hey all!

Awesome to see all of the interest in our tuning solution, the Accessport. We are indeed planning to add support for 981 vehicles in the future. While we do not currently have a hard release date, the plan is to have something available by the end of the year! Once we are closer to release, we'll definitely share more information regarding map availability, power gains, and pricing. We are also excited to work with TPC Racing to provide a comprehensive tuning solution for their recently released turbo kit.

[email protected]

·
Registered
299 Posts
We are using the same muffler design that we used with our 987 systems. Here is an exhaust clip that a 987 client took after his kit was installed. The 981 is a bit throatier, but sound wise not much difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HUwK0EdKtg
Would it be difficult to record and upload a video specifically for the 981? Customers aren't exactly dropping nickles and dimes on this investment here.

I'm sure most people dropping $10,000 for this product would want to hear a sound bite specific to this car instead of leaving it up to the imagination.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Would it be difficult to record and upload a video specifically for the 981? Customers aren't exactly dropping nickles and dimes on this investment here.

I'm sure most people dropping $10,000 for this product would want to hear a sound bite specific to this car instead of leaving it up to the imagination.

We understand that any product is an investment. We are going through videos and trying to put something together on the 981. Our test mule has been sold as we just picked up a GT4, so we are going back through files to put a sound clip together.

·
Registered
737 Posts
The excitment in this thread is palpable, and I can understand that.

Me? I don't care if it offers 200 extra ponies and torques, and cost only 100 bucks to buy and install. The GTS is too fast as it is for street use, and the noise it makes when I can (briefly) put my foot down is something no added power can match.

Congratulations to TPC for making the kit, and for fellow P9ers looking to buy one. Me? I'm keeping mine like I intend on keeping my daughters (if I have any). Unmolested.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Excellent thread.

What are the gains for 2.7 boxster?

Are there any known issues?

Any lag or hesitation?

Is this valid for street use or track only?

Who does the install?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Excellent thread.

What are the gains for 2.7 boxster?

Are there any known issues?

Any lag or hesitation?

Is this valid for street use or track only?

Who does the install?
For the 2.7L, we are expecting a gain between 80 to 85whp and 80 lbs/ft torque.

In regards to issues, we have not had any. We are running a very low amount of boost and the car handles it extremely well!

As with all of our turbo kits here at TPC Racing, we always look for a smooth and increasing power band. At 2000 RPM all the way to redline the car is making power and you are never waiting for the turbo to come on.

The turbo kit will work great for both street and track. We have clients with 987 turbo kits who have over 100,000 turbo kit miles and drive the cars to work during the weeks and to the tracks for track events on the weekends. We design the system so that you can have a car that drives normal on the street but has a very smooth power delivery with a lot of power to offer.

For right now, we are asking that the first 5 or 10 cars be sent here for install. We are asking this because we want to make sure everything is going well with the install and also make sure that the tuning is perfect before the car leaves our facility. Once we have done enough of them to where we feel comfortable with how the installs have gone, we will start doing mail order and in house installations like we do for our 987 turbo kits.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Do you have any data on what installing turbo does to the gas mileage for normal driving?

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Do you have any data on what installing turbo does to the gas mileage for normal driving?
I am sure Harris will provide an answer, but I have to ask what your definition of normal is? With all of the added HP you may find that you are stepping on it all the time! ;)

As we all will admit to from time to time we drive these cars "spiritedly", but when driven this way we have to acquiesce to the fact that mileage is not going to be great... that extra 100HP on demand comes from the fuel used.

I am sure that if you drive like there was an egg under the gas peddle the mileage wouldn't be much worse then before the modifications.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Your mileage really will not change much on normal driving. When I say normal driving, I mean easy on the pedal and shifting around 2,500 and 3,000 RPM, you will not see a decrease in mileage. When being driven hard, it will go down but not by an incredible amount.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
So the turbo kicks in at 2000 RPM? A clip of the tach when you floor it from a dead stop would be nice. Some clips of how it sounds/acts while driving around would be great too.

So people would need to either ship their car off (really expensive) or drive to you (big hassle). Looks like TPC racing is located in Maryland, like 1 hour north of Washington? How long does the install take and what are accommodations while waiting around the shop?

41 - 60 of 90 Posts