Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I have a 2007 non-"S" Cayman with the "low pressure" kit from TPC (at the time I purchased the kit, it was called "low pressure". I guess it could be called "Stage 1" as it does not have the intercooler option). I had it installed by a TPC recommended installer in 2010 (TPC has since updated its website and I can no longer find the webpage that listed recommended installers).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2007 non-"S" Cayman with the "low pressure" kit from TPC (at the time I purchased the kit, it was called "low pressure". I guess it could be called "Stage 1" as it does not have the intercooler option). I had it installed by a TPC recommended installer in 2010 (TPC has since updated its website and I can no longer find the webpage that listed recommended installers).
Thanks for the response!

First and foremost I have the means to weld aluminum and fab silicone piping. So adding an intercooler set up would be cheap enough, but I couldn't get an answer on whether I would need a retune? In my past experience with FI it wouldn't seem necessary, but I'm definitely no expert. If I gain a little power from it great but I'm more concerned with fighting heat soak when tracking.

I'm also just looking for info on rebuilding the engine with forged internals. I've rebuilt Subaru wrx flat fours with the split case, wondering how similar they are.

I'd also like to add more monitoring to the engine, egt, iat, ect. I'll take any temp guage I can get. I know the original computer system is limited so I'm guessing I have to go analog? I'm assuming this means I may have to drill and tap the engine.

Just looking for opinions toward my next step.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts