Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
[pic=left]http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/files/6/3/9/tcpbgbp91news_z.jpg[/pic] TPC Racing is proud to be the major sponsor of the TPCRacing/BGB Cayman S two car team for the 2010 Grand Am Continental Sport Car Challenge.

Jessup, MD, January 4, 2010 - TPC Racing(Jessup, MD) is proud to announce its partnership with BGB Motorsports Group (Ormond Beach, FL) in support of their campaigning two purpose built Cayman S Race Cars for the upcoming 2010 Grand Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Series; this is the first time that the Cayman S has been raced professionally in North America. Fielding two entries for the entire 2010 season, the Cayman S will utilize suspension components designed, built and tuned by TPC Racing.

The black number 38 Cayman S will be piloted by Steve Jenkins and Craig Stanton (Grand-Am Driver Champion in both the Rolex GT class and Continental Challenge GS class). The number 23 Blue Cayman S will be piloted by Keith Carroll and Duncan Ende.

The TPC Racing/BGB car will be running a version of TPC Racing’s Stage 4 Suspension, TPC Pro Series Sway Bars and drop links and TPC Racing Toe Links. TPC Racing will be trackside, supporting BGB. We look forward to seeing you there! For More information please visit TPC Racing

Planet-9 (Planet-9 Home) is also sponsoring the TPCRacing / BGB Grand Am effort and will be bringing you news and information about their efforts in the coming year. Please enjoy some of the photos provided to us by TPC/BGB of the car:

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Good stuff.

Here is the 2010 Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Schedule

January 8 - 10
January Test Days at Daytona
Daytona International Speedway
Daytona Beach, FL

January 29
Fresh From Florida 200
Daytona International Speedway
Daytona Beach, FL

March 6 - 7
Homestead Miami Speedway
Homestead, FL

April 9 - 10
Barber Motorsports Park
Birmingham, Alabama

April 24 - 25
Virginia International Raceway
Alton, VA

May 28 - 29
Lime Rock Park
Lakeville, CT

June 5 - 6
Watkins Glen International - Long Course
Watkins Glen, NY

June 19 - 20
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
Lexington, OH

July 17 - 18
New Jersey Motorsports Park
Millville, NJ

August 13
Grand Prix de Trois-Rivieres
Circuit Trois-Rivières
Trois-Rivières, Québec

September 11 - 12
Miller Motorsports Park
Tooele, UT

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,861 Posts
This is terrific news! I wish Mike Levitas and everyone at TPC/BGB much success! There's nothing like racing to expedite a car's development. Cayman owners also stand to benefit from the increased "heritage" that racing success can bring to the model. Bon Chance!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
WOW! Finally a proven professional 2 car Cayman race team in a good national racing series!! Did hell just freeze over? Did I just see a pig with wings go flying by? :eek:
:cheers:

ps.. I would love to hear details on the engine setup and improvements, HP and torque, total car weight, as well as what tire sizes you will be running. :thanks:

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Congrats again and best of luck this season!

Just remember to get me a media pass when you come up to Lime Rock and I'll get you more promotional photos then you'll know what to do with!

Do you plan to compete in every race of the series?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
is that a turbo 987.2 CS??

more info please..... manual? pdk? oh lord please tell me it's PDK and i'll be all over this!!

·
Sexual Philanthropist
1,001 Posts
Is it a 897.1 or .2?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Casey: Are these turbos? The list of mods only mentions TPC suspension/handling mods? Either way...very cool. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
May I ask what type & size of tires, wheels and spacers used on this black Cayman?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Very glad the cat is finally out of the bag.

As a side note, Craig Stanton piloted FrankinCayman(david)'s TPC Turbo Cayman S in the EuroTuner Grand Prix in October. To keep things interesting, they didn't share the results from the street test so I guess we'll all have to wait and see how we did compared to the 800+hp audi race car, and the two supercharged 500+hp V8 M3s = )

I believe these two cars will be fairly stock in terms of engine output and will not be rocking turbos. I saw first hand what [email protected] can do with a welder, plasma cutter, and some over-stiff H/R sway bars... in an hour... I can only imagine what sorts of craziness they cooked up for these two badboys.

Will be subscribing to SPEED CHANNEL this year just to watch the races. Good luck TPC/BGB!!!

EDIT: no love for the west coast states : ( maybe fly out for one of these races if I can sneak in = p

1 - 20 of 63 Posts