Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to start my '09 CS this morning and it indicated that the TPM was learning... it then went on to say that it was not act. I'm guessing it meant activating or active. Then the little yellow light came on. Then the red exclamation point came on. With less than 3,000 miles? Really? :(

Any advise or knowledge appreciated in advance.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
My '08 will do this every couple months and I think but I'm not sure, when there is an outside temperature change of some significance. I just let it learn as it wants to do and after about 20 minutes and 15-20 miles it returns to normal again. Then I'm good for a few months again until it decides it needs to learn again. Dealer tells me it happens and does not indicate a problem.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I went to start my '09 CS this morning and it indicated that the TPM was learning... it then went on to say that it was not act. I'm guessing it meant activating or active. Then the little yellow light came on. Then the red exclamation point came on. With less than 3,000 miles? Really? :(

Any advise or knowledge appreciated in advance.
Just making sure you have the correct wheel size selected in TPMS?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
also if you have a 2nd set of wheels with sensors anywhere near the car it will do this as well (i.e. in your garage stacked up behind the car) :hilarious:
I mean really, where are you supposed to keep them!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys,

Thanks very much for all of your thoughtful replies and time. I took it into the dealership and they hooked it up to the computer. No problems reported. In fact, by the time I got the dealership it had "learned" and was no longer indicating a problem. I had them run a check anyway and no bad news. The tech told me that I might be having a problem because I had the wheels powder coated black. Hummm, perhaps.

Again, thanks from a Newb.
CR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.