Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Cayman S with a set of Summer and Winter wheels and tires. I have two sets of ITM TPMS units. When I remonted the winter tires this fall I had and error code with the left sensor that Big O diagnosed as a dead sensor and replaced under warranty. My problem is that after 2 months of error codes my computer now shows the TPS ad inactive even though I keep trying to get it to go into learning mode.. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
3,875 Posts
this are caused by chinese replacement or frequency incompatibility..

thats why i only carry HUFF ones.. a bit more on price but a lot less headaches. I will get the raft of every guy here shortly of who bought other brands that works...

i have them in stock.. BTW HUFF are the what the porsche factory uses.. i have it at a very competitive price. and i have great datings on stock.

Lemon

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had similar issues with my 2008 Cayman. Kept getting error codes with my Titan units. They replaced two that were defective. Still was having trouble with setting up with one. After a dozen or more times resetting changing from winter settings to summer and back along with over inflating tires then correcting air amount, finally got it to work. Titan had me do this. Today they work fine. But took six months to get system to sync and stay working. When I first had the Titan's installed, they worked great for about six months. Then one kept dropping out and then another. When these go bad,I will probably spend the crazy big dollars and go with the Porsche units .

Titan folks were fine to work with. More of a problem with the product or heck,maybe the car .

·
Registered
186 Posts
The best way I get them to sync up is as follows and you won't even have to drive the car.

1. Turn ignition key on but do not start car.
2. Go through the settings process (18" or 19", summer or winter)
3. With the ignition still on go take turns airing up each tire up to at least 5lbs over the recommended psi on the door panel.
4. go back and deflate each tire to proper pressure.
5. check dash and see if everything has cleared up.

This process has worked for me every time I use it. If you're still having issues then it's probably the batteries or a defective unit.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have ITM (make) on my Cayman and they work fine. No issues at all. Installed over a year ago and dirt cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts