Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone one know someone that will install tpms in my four wheels if I bring in the parts? West end GTA or (London area preferred).

·
Registered
509 Posts
I can't recommend anyone specific, but when I had mine installed a year ago I didn't have any trouble finding someone to do it; all the tire places would do it, however there was a big difference in price. The major tire chains wanted $50+ per tire and planned to pull the tire off, mount the sensor, remount tire and re-balance, then "program" the TPMS system. The place I went with said they could just break the bead and install - no tire removal or rebalance required, and they only charged $20 per tire. Worked fine for me. I went with Titan sensors - no programming required - took a couple miles for the car's TPMS to recognize and start reporting pressures.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I can't recommend anyone specific, but when I had mine installed a year ago I didn't have any trouble finding someone to do it; all the tire places would do it, however there was a big difference in price. The major tire chains wanted $50+ per tire and planned to pull the tire off, mount the sensor, remount tire and re-balance, then "program" the TPMS system. The place I went with said they could just break the bead and install - no tire removal or rebalance required, and they only charged $20 per tire. Worked fine for me. I went with Titan sensors - no programming required - took a couple miles for the car's TPMS to recognize and start reporting pressures.
Yup! Worked the same for me too. No need to program. It should take longer to take the wheel off the car than to install the sensor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered sensors from Schnell Autosports last Tuesday, received at my home in Canada this morning. Who says the postal service is slow!
Thanks Lemon at SchnellAutosports.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts